User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ArnoldAardvark
(newbie) Mon 03-Jan-11 22:49:41
Print Post

Migrated to Be but still being billed by BT

[link to this post]

Hi,
I migrated to Be Unlimited on 22/11/10 which was documented in a previous tread. I was out of contract so had no known notice period. I was billed by BT on 22/11/10 and again on 22/12/10. Before I contact BT for another adventure through the subcontinent can anyone enlighten me as to whether I need to do anything other than request and use my MAC code to migrate to another provider.

I was under the impression that once migrated to another provider BT should stop billing me or am I being naive and making a terrible assumption that BT don't need to boost their revenues by stealling funds from ex-customers.

Thanks
Arnold
Standard User Sandgrounder
(knowledge is power) Mon 03-Jan-11 23:22:19
Print Post

Re: Migrated to Be but still being billed by BT

[re: ArnoldAardvark] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ArnoldAardvark:
.... can anyone enlighten me as to whether I need to do anything other than request and use my MAC code to migrate to another provider.
I think you need to contact them to terminate your contract.

Obtaining a MAC code will not do that automatically. (as you still had the option not to use the code)

Line One:- Zen - DrayTek Vigor 2600VG
Line Two:- EntaNet - DrayTek Vigor 2600
Standard User evoGage
(newbie) Tue 04-Jan-11 01:17:35
Print Post

[re: Sandgrounder] [link to this post]

But using the MAC normally does but obviously in this case, BT is taking money so you best call them up and tell them you migrated a fews months back and cancel the contract (again). Also ask for the money to be refunded.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 04-Jan-11 09:05:29
Print Post

[re: evoGage] [link to this post]

When moving from Be requesting the MAC does not automatically cancel the contract in all cases. For my brother a separate ticket had to be raised giving the date the line would be moved. So, a MAC is not an automatic cancellation under the rules of the process.
Standard User geordiekris
(experienced) Tue 04-Jan-11 12:54:54
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Requesting a MAC does not automatically cancel the service however using it and migrating the service will/should do, basically BTW update the CP's monthly on a spreadsheet advising that a circuit is no longer theirs etc etc, this should automatically raise a cease on your billing account. As you have seen it doesnt allways do this, basically call 0800 800 150 and choose the BB Billing options advise them of the situation they can check when you migrated and enusre thay your billing account is stopped and refund any over billed charges to you. This shouldnt happen but does thats automated systems for you, but should be no problem sorting it out.

my name has been changed to save me from more company disciplinary procedures.

whatever i say is my thoughts and not those of the company i work for
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Wed 05-Jan-11 13:59:04
Print Post

[re: geordiekris] [link to this post]

Hi geordiekris

I have just seen your post and would like to look into this for you to see why you are still being billed if your service has been stopped with us. If you e-mail me your account details to btcare@bt.com I will gladly look into this for you and contact you to discuss.

Regards David
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User MHC
(legend) Thu 06-Jan-11 00:39:47
Print Post

[re: ArnoldAardvark] [link to this post]

What are the dates covered by the bills?

I pay in arrears for my broadband so if I ever migrate away I could expect a bill three months after I had left. Check the dates of service shown on the bills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User geordiekris
(experienced) Thu 06-Jan-11 21:00:20
Print Post

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

suggest you reply to the original poster notme i was just giving an aswer lol

my name has been changed to save me from more company disciplinary procedures.

whatever i say is my thoughts and not those of the company i work for
  Print Thread

Jump to