User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User hkymre
(newbie) Sat 08-Jan-11 04:07:13
Print Post

Does the HH3 stream ok to xbox360?

[link to this post]

I had a problem with a HH2 trying to stream from a netgear ready nas to my Xbox360. 99% of the time the xbox couldn't see the NAS.

In the end I replaced the HH2 with a netgear router and have had no problems since.

Now Infinity is available in my area next week and I'm concerned that if I get it I'll have the same problem with the HH3.

Does anyone have a similar setup with infinity?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 08-Jan-11 14:44:20
Print Post

Re: Does the HH3 stream ok to xbox360?

[re: hkymre] [link to this post]

Not got Infinity, but if you get the same problem a work-around could be to connect the Netgear via ethernet to the HH3, turn of DHCP in the Netgear, and keep running the NAS on the Netgear.

That won't work if the problem is the HHn not issuing an IP address to the NAS.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - O2 Standard.
Standard User Basenji
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 09-Jan-11 00:05:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by hkymre:
I had a problem with a HH2 trying to stream from a netgear ready nas to my Xbox360. 99% of the time the xbox couldn't see the NAS.

In the end I replaced the HH2 with a netgear router and have had no problems since.

Now Infinity is available in my area next week and I'm concerned that if I get it I'll have the same problem with the HH3.

Does anyone have a similar setup with infinity?

Hi there,

As far as I am aware, New Infinity installs are still being set up with HH2s (at least mine was, back in October).

As has already been suggested, you might be able to get away with continuing to use your existing Netgear, in tandem with the Home Hub, but if you intend to connect the Netgear by itself, it won't work unless it has a WAN port which supports PPPoE.

If your current Netgear doesn't support PPPoE, then you would need to get a new "cable router", such as the Netgear WNR3500 or WNDR3700, either of which will be compatible with the BT Wholesale router required for Infinity.

I hope this info helps. laugh

Edited model numbers above and clarified 2nd para.

Nothing to see here.. Move along, please
My Broadband Speed Test laugh

Edited by Basenji (Sun 09-Jan-11 00:12:06)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hkymre
(newbie) Sun 09-Jan-11 07:01:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the replies folks.
I'll sign up and see what happens.
Standard User planetf1
(experienced) Mon 10-Jan-11 16:13:25
Print Post

BT have confirmed to me my install for next Tuesday will result in a HH2 being delivered.

Which is fine... as long as it works. I have a fair bit of network equipment including xbox 360, ps2, home server, a variety of DLNA devices (bluray, tv,radio), multiple laptops/desktops. All the desktops/home ent kit is ethernet connected with only dumb switches.

If I notice any problems I'll be raising them with BT which will be fun ....
  Print Thread

Jump to