have been thinking recently of moving from BT Business Broadband, organised by my employer to Virgin or Sky partly because of the TV bundles but more increasingly because of the poor performance and customer service of BT.
Two things to watch for here.
1) If this is arranged by your employer you should not be changing provider without their approval from both the business and IT sides.
I remember a while back when a major ISP blocked VPN clients from working on their cheap domestic service, and when users called to complain were told that as VPN was a business application they woiuld not be allowed to use it.
2) Changing ISP will probably not solve the problem for you. Every ISP will be using the same copper back to the exchange*, and any faults on this or on your internal wiring will remain, regardless of ISP.
*Unless in a cable TV area.
3) If your employer-arranged line is faulty, pass it to your employer to sort out. Let them do the shouting if they pay the bill...
4) Anyway, the downstream noise margin is high, we need to try and find out why. Follow the advice given by others here and report back.
5) Blind guess, but with a username of Beechgrove, are you Aberdonian?
Edit. That's more than two, isn't it?
Edited by shtu (Thu 13-Jan-11 10:05:24)