User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Simon888
(learned) Thu 27-Jan-11 13:50:40
Print Post

Option 3 contract up for renewal

[link to this post]

Hi Guys,

This time last year I rang about a router problem and probably mentioned might look at O2, and was put through to a UK call centre and was offered £7.50 a month off my Broadband bill and got a new HomeHub2.

I remember the woman telling me to ring them up again near the time of renewal to negotiate another deal. But I just cant remember what department I spoke to,

Does anyone have a contact number (not India) that I can call and get another good deal.

Thanks in advance smile

Simon
Standard User Basenji
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 27-Jan-11 22:40:55
Print Post

Re: Option 3 contract up for renewal

[re: Simon888] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Simon888:
Hi Guys,

This time last year I rang about a router problem and probably mentioned might look at O2, and was put through to a UK call centre and was offered £7.50 a month off my Broadband bill and got a new HomeHub2.

I remember the woman telling me to ring them up again near the time of renewal to negotiate another deal. But I just cant remember what department I spoke to,

Does anyone have a contact number (not India) that I can call and get another good deal.

Thanks in advance smile

Simon
Hi there,

Give them a call on 0800 800 150, navigate the menus for "Billing" and the department you need to ask for is "Customer Options Team". smile

I hope this info helps. laugh

Nothing to see here.. Move along, please
My Broadband Speed Test laugh

Edited by Basenji (Thu 27-Jan-11 22:42:03)

Standard User geordiekris
(experienced) Fri 28-Jan-11 20:52:39
Print Post

0800 800 030 pick the i want to leave bt option

my name has been changed to save me from more company disciplinary procedures.

whatever i say is my thoughts and not those of the company i work for

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Simon888
(learned) Thu 17-Feb-11 15:43:04
Print Post

[re: Basenji] [link to this post]

Just an update. Just called BT and the price they have quoted me is £23.60 inc VAT a month

That is £13.60 a month for the phone line and £10 for Broadband Option 3. So impressed with that.

Thanks

Simon
Standard User spranglebolt
(regular) Thu 17-Feb-11 17:27:09
Print Post

I did exactly what you did, as some kind soul here suggested, saying it was worth my while to pay up for termination and transfer to Virgin, etc etc, in view of poor service. But l've only achieved £26.60. What a bummer!
Standard User Supatramp
(regular) Thu 17-Feb-11 19:34:35
Print Post

[re: spranglebolt] [link to this post]

Do what I did earlier, simply dial 150 on your BT phone. Go through the usual 'press this number' stuff and finally ask for Customer Services then ask for COT.

But be prepared to negotiate/haggle, I've just almost halved what I've been paying AOL!

David
Standard User geordiekris
(experienced) Sat 19-Feb-11 00:38:55
Print Post

Result

my name has been changed to save me from more company disciplinary procedures.

whatever i say is my thoughts and not those of the company i work for
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Feb-11 21:12:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by spranglebolt:
I did exactly what you did, as some kind soul here suggested, saying it was worth my while to pay up for termination and transfer to Virgin, etc etc, in view of poor service. But l've only achieved £26.60. What a bummer!

Well come on that's still [censored] good value! Honestly I will never understand why people haggle so much to have everything in their lives but pay as little as possible!

I pay £32 a month for phone line with unlimited calls and Option 3 Broadband. for me that's WAY too cheap! BUT I pay what I am asked for and next year I will pay the same. A few quid off here and there doesn't bother me and I am on a low wage too!
Standard User spranglebolt
(regular) Sat 19-Feb-11 22:03:03
Print Post

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

OK, I deduce that you are happy to pay the going rate for a provision you regard as acceptable. I'd do the same. So that's fine, unless like me and many others you're getting an unsatisfactory service, in which case it seems entirely reasonable to look for a reduction pending being able to get an improvement, from bt or an alternative.

In agreeing a reduction bt is tacitly accepting that there might just be reasons why punters like me are genuinely unhappy.
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-Feb-11 22:09:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by spranglebolt:
OK, I deduce that you are happy to pay the going rate for a provision you regard as acceptable. I'd do the same. So that's fine, unless like me and many others you're getting an unsatisfactory service, in which case it seems entirely reasonable to look for a reduction pending being able to get an improvement, from bt or an alternative.

In agreeing a reduction bt is tacitly accepting that there might just be reasons why punters like me are genuinely unhappy.

But at the end of the day the " unsatisfactory service" as you call it is only by your standards. Not everyone thinks the same.

At the end of the day read any ISP's terms and conditions and it says two things. Firstly " ADSL is always on but not always available" and that Broadband (unlike phone services) is not a right and is not a guaranteed service) And that's just the way it is. Remember BT are no longer obligated to provide broadband or phone to anyone. Thank our government for that as they released them from this in 2009.

Maybe people should understand how it works more before they start to state what is and is not satisfactory (generalising that NOT aimed directly at you) Personally I have a 5MB line and if it's slow and I want to download something ( which is most evenings) then I go and read a book or spend time with my family and just let it run. I've had 100MB cable and trust me it's not all that.

I have only ever made someone see this point once in my 5 years on the helpdesk of an ISP and that was managed because I pointed out that If your car breaks down or gets written off you don't go back to the last petrol station and demand your money back because you are unable to use it.

Edited by pcoventry76 (Sat 19-Feb-11 22:11:23)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to