User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User disrember
(newbie) Sun 30-Jan-11 17:37:35
Print Post

Problems connecting to VPN on BT Infinity

[link to this post]

Can someone help me (I am hoping BT might read this).

I have a problem using my VPN at home on BT infinity, where the VPN connection disconnects anytime from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. I had no problems connecting to this VPN on standard broadband.

Some more information

I am not using wireless, I am using a wired cable and the network connection shows a solid connection (8hrs +).

There is no loss of internet connection, yahoo messenger and MSN stay connected.
I have 12 global sites to choose from, it disconnects from all of these.

I am trying to connect to Range, which is a juniper VPN.

I can happily connect via my parents standard broadband (www.juniper.net).
I am opted out of the BT Web Address Help service.

I spent 2 hrs today with broadband help, infinity help, BT IT help and Broadband help. I have had my line tested no issues, Hub firewall turned off and port clamping turned on and now I am completely stuck!!!

Heres a screen shot of the message
http://www.btinternet.com/~iain.gowers/securedownloa...

I do work in IT and I can see that BTs network is disconnecting, is the issue, any ideas?????????
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Mon 31-Jan-11 15:26:50
Print Post

Re: Problems connecting to VPN on BT Infinity

[re: disrember] [link to this post]

Hi disrember

I have just seen your post and would like to look into this for you to see what is wrong with your service. If you would like me to look into this for you drop me an e-mail to btcare@bt.com with your account details and a link to this thread and for the attention of David in the subject field I will gladly help.

Regards David
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User shtu
(experienced) Tue 01-Feb-11 10:05:33
Print Post

Re: Problems connecting to VPN on BT Infinity

[re: disrember] [link to this post]

I'm not familiar with that particular VPN, but often there is an option to send a keep-alive packet every so often.

I would suggest setting\reducing this value if there is a way of doing so - sounds like there is something, somewhere that is detecting the VPN tunnel as a stale connection and terminating it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to