User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User paul_500
(newbie) Wed 23-Feb-11 19:36:31
Print Post

BT broadband renewal

[link to this post]

Called BT broadband to request MAC as my contract just finished...retentions dept offered a reduction of £10 per month bringing my broadband option 3 down from £25 to £15 on a 12 month contract, i accepted and asked for a new HomeHub due to my last one of 18 months giving alot of problems and wireless dropping issues. This i had explained this to them and was told i would have a new hub in a few days.
After 1 week i still hadn`t received my hub so i took the liberty to email BT.
Got a call from them today saying i wont be getting a replacement hub as i am already availing of the discount on my broadband offered by BT for the next 12 months..and there is nothing more they can do for me.
I have now emailed BT again today stating that i was told i could have a replacement hub and i feel i was misled to entise me to take up BT`s offer and that because i`m now in another 12 contract, then i should still be entitled to a hub and that it says on the letter i got
from BT confirming the renewal of broadband, it states a free Home Hub is included (if needed)
I am awaiting thier reply.
I`m beginning to think i should`ve just been greatful i got that much of a reduction and just wait till i can take advantage of the cutomer upgrade hub v3 at £46 when released

Kind regards..
paul
Standard User dilus
(member) Wed 23-Feb-11 20:18:26
Print Post

Re: BT broadband renewal

[re: paul_500] [link to this post]

Hi paul_500,
I got a similar reduction in price when I upgraded from Option 1 to Option 3 at the end of my original 18 month contract. I am now getting Option 3 (12 month contract) for basically the same price as I was paying before, and I did get a new HH2 at the time but this was probably because I was actually upgrading. It goes to show that at renewal time ask them to see what can be done to keep you as a customer, they can be quite forthcoming. It's a pity you didn't get the replacement hub that you were led to believe you would get but I guess a saving of £120 per year can't be sniffed at. First 5 months of your new contract will pay for the HH3

BT Broadband

a dog is for life, so DON'T marry one!
Standard User paul_500
(newbie) Wed 23-Feb-11 22:25:06
Print Post

[re: dilus] [link to this post]

I just picked up a brand new & sealed BT home hub (type B) of ebay this evening for £5.50p plus £5 postage.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User paul_500
(newbie) Thu 24-Feb-11 18:16:48
Print Post

got a call from BT today saying they had listened to the recording of my original call and indeed i was promised a new hub..they also said sorry for the confusion and i should expect delivery of new router in a couple of days.
Standard User orly
(experienced) Fri 25-Feb-11 00:38:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by paul_500:
got a call from BT today saying they had listened to the recording of my original call and indeed i was promised a new hub..they also said sorry for the confusion and i should expect delivery of new router in a couple of days.

might be able to re-sell the hub you bought for a 5er and get a profit tongue

---
BT Infinity 8th July 2010
Connected to: P23 Kilmaine Road, Bangor, BT19 6DT (NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
25.5mbit down / 7.6mbit up

Previously:
BT Broadband, roughly 4mbit sync
4KM line / 54dB atten / 9dB SNR / Netgear DG834GT
  Print Thread

Jump to