User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Adamant
(legend) Sat 26-Feb-11 19:51:54
Print Post

Problems in W London

[link to this post]

Anyone aware of any issues in W London?

I've got two clients of mine who I can't connect to over logmein and we have our own server app listening on a TCP port which is running so slowly as to be unbelievable!

Support have been telling the customers that "their connection speed is 20Mb so that is a very quick service!!!"....... something's not right for 2 different customers on 2 different exchanges within a few miles of each other to both be having issues.

It also seems to be affecting other ISPs as one site has another connection via an alternate ISP (although I think still provided by BT 21CN) which is just as bad!

Anyone any ideas?

Adam
Sky Max LLU
Standard User MHC
(legend) Sat 26-Feb-11 21:15:27
Print Post

Re: Problems in W London

[re: Adamant] [link to this post]

No problems here - but I am on and FTTC product.

Although since posting this I have had a few problems with some websites and email. They seem to be rectifying themselves slowly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Edited by MHC (Sun 27-Feb-11 00:29:28)

Standard User cheshire_man
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 26-Feb-11 21:54:52
Print Post

Re: Problems in W London

[re: Adamant] [link to this post]

From the Eclipse status page
This morning we have been made aware that a larger number of broadband customers in the south London and the south east of England have lost broadband service at 02:29 today.

The areas affected are as follows:
Tunbridge Wells
Moorgate
Hastings
Haywards Heath
Eastbourne
Brighton Withdean
New Cross
Littlehampton
Worthing Swandean
Chichester
Lewes
The situation has been reported over to BT, who are currently working to restore the broadband service as soon as possible.

Incident Ticket: 3888 - Slow Speed In North London
Incident Start Date: 23 Feb 2011 at 11:09:00
Description:
We are currently aware of an issue in the London area causing slow speed and packet loss. Our suppliers are aware of the issue and are working to have it resolved as soon as possible. Further updates will follow when we have them.
May or may not be relevant.

Tony

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to