User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Simon888
(learned) Sun 27-Feb-11 01:07:13
Print Post

How to I see how much I have used on the BT.com website?

[link to this post]

Hi there,

I used to be able to see how much data I had used in that month on the bt.com website.

The website has changed, and I'm not able to see where I can see this information. It used to be so easy before, but this new look website is just annoying. I guess I was just used to the old version.

Could it be that this option is not available for me now that I'm on a "Package" (calls and broadband) ?

Also another thing I have noticed. BT Yahoo have slipped in advertising on their web mail interface now, which is another annoying thing. Don't want to see flashing advertising while I'm trying to read an email. Would this be Yahoo slipping it in without asking BT or was it a combined thing to get some more revenue. I will have to find what server it is using so that I can block it in my HOSTS file!

But some help on the first thing would be nice.

Many Thanks

Simon
Standard User nelix01
(member) Sun 27-Feb-11 10:42:14
Print Post

Re: How to I see how much I have used on the BT.com website?

[re: Simon888] [link to this post]

click on the My Services tab, when the next page has loaded you will see your services on the left hand side. When you select Broadband you will get the link for Broadband Usage.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Feb-11 12:17:00
Print Post

Don't use Webmail; use a mail client, it is much cleaner.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TLMC
(member) Mon 28-Feb-11 17:30:01
Print Post

[re: nelix01] [link to this post]

I have the same problem and can't see anything. I noticed this at the end of last week and was about to place a message myself. All I get on the left hand side of the broadband page is a big blank space. In the list of links on the right they are all help related.

Can't find out anymore what I've used. Tried it in both IE and in Firefox. Exactly the same response, blank area.

TLMC
Standard User Simon888
(learned) Tue 01-Mar-11 11:59:38
Print Post

[re: TLMC] [link to this post]

This is EXACTLY what I get.

Click the "My Services" tab at the top and select "Broadband" on the left. I can see a light grey box where I woudl expect the links to be for the Usage and others, but it is just empty. And to the right of that light grey box is the "Help with your broadband" and nothing there lists usage.

This happened to be about two weeks ago, just after I renewed my contract for my broadband.

I checked today 1st of the month to see if that would make a difference as the counter is reset on the 1st, but still empty. I will try again tomorrow, but I bet it will still be empty.

Is this a fault at the moment, or are BT Internet withdrawing this service slowly for users?

Maybe some nice person in the BT_Care team can have a look smile

Simon
Standard User TLMC
(member) Tue 01-Mar-11 12:53:13
Print Post

I think we will extremely lucky if someone looks into this for us, we only pay for the service frown Keeping us in the dark about our usage is one way of cathing us out and charging more money. I'm in the position where my 12 month contract has expired and I'm no longer a position to have to stay with BT. Probably time I started to look around for another ISP. No LLu available at my exchange but lots of other to choose from.

TLMC
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Tue 01-Mar-11 16:17:17
Print Post

Hi Simon888

I can see what I can do for you. If you drop me an e-mail to btcare@bt.com with your account details and a link to your post I will gladly look into this to see what the problem seems to be.

Regards David
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Simon888
(learned) Wed 02-Mar-11 11:41:36
Print Post

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

I have emailed the btcare@bt.com from two different email addresses and it comes bouncing back saying "User unknown".

Is this the correct email address?

Simon
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Wed 02-Mar-11 18:26:32
Print Post

Hey Simon888

Sorry about that we have been making some changes to the e-mail address to contact us and we have now changed it. If you could use http://tinyurl.com/5sy8kmx this will allow you to send your details.

Regards David
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to