User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Supatramp
(regular) Sat 12-Mar-11 00:02:37
Print Post

Blocking sites?

[link to this post]

Just started with BT broadband today, is there a default blocking of 'certain' sites?

If so, can someone tell me how to unblock? Do I have to go through all the hassle of installing the Parental Controls?

Thanks in anticipation.

David
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 12-Mar-11 00:07:31
Print Post

Re: Blocking sites?

[re: Supatramp] [link to this post]

Can you give an example site?

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User anujasser
(newbie) Sat 12-Mar-11 02:21:28
Print Post

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issue...

There are lots of other threads over at BT about this today. Looks like everyone is having problems connecting to random sites.

The sites that aren't working for people on those forums seem to work fine for me, but other sites aren't working instead. Seems totally random, but hopefully won't be down for too long.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Supatramp
(member) Sun 13-Mar-11 14:02:36
Print Post

[re: anujasser] [link to this post]

Solved the problem!

Discovered it was only happening with my new laptop, and only then with site URLs that I was having to type in as distinct from sites accessed via my Bookmarks list.

David
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 14-Mar-11 23:10:22
Print Post

That sounds as if something isn't or wasn't adding the "http://" at the front of the "www" you are typing.

According to the community thread linked to earlier the problem seems to have been fixed around 3pm Saturday, but requires a router reboot by the user.

If you do that, does the laptop then behave as expected?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Standard User Supatramp
(member) Tue 15-Mar-11 09:47:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

As I said previously, it's only happening with my new laptop, and when I say new, I mean I got it only about a week ago.

My main pc is fine, my netbook is fine, and so is my phone. It appears that when I type in an address on my laptop, as distinct from clicking on a bookmarked site, a right pointing arrow appears at the right-hand end of the address bar, the place where you type in, and if having typed an address in I then click this arrow, it goes to and opens the site!

So I don't know what this arrow is about, it's running Firefox as is my PC and netbook.

David
  Print Thread

Jump to