User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BP1
(committed) Sat 12-Mar-11 12:21:56
Print Post

Line Rental Saver

[link to this post]

I recently upgraded my BB package with BT from option 3 to infinity BB and calls unlimited option 2. I also took the Line rental saver option.
Apart from a minor hiccup which BT resolved i have been very happy with the service.

Today i recieved my online bill.(Quartly Bill)
I was very suprised and happy that BT had credited me £10 which was for the delay on my original infinty installation by 10 days. I was not previously aware of recieving this £10 reduction as this has not been mentioned to me before. This is shown on my bill as "CSGS Delayed Provision - Missed app.

The other unsuall thing that has appeared on my recent bill is the comment regarding the line rental saver offer " NB. You need to make at least two calls a month to avoid a £1.50 monthly charge. Payment is non-refundable." This line was never mentioned on the package details when placing the order. I have checked my order and the order correspondance recieved by post with TC's.

A liitle bit naughty to add this now without notification. I can see this on all their current packages now but this line was not there before.

Any how still happy with BT but would have appreciated some correspondance to show that extra line regarding the line rental saver.

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane"
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 12-Mar-11 14:19:23
Print Post

Re: Line Rental Saver

[re: BP1] [link to this post]

Do you have a calls package such as Evening & Weekend or Anytime?

If so, the (free) included calls count. 0845, anything at all counts.

Edit - checking your package, yes it's Anytime? Do you never make any outgoing calls?

Edit 2 - If you go to this page, scroll down to the "Legal stuff", and expand the second item - Calling Plans and line rental?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 12-Mar-11 14:24:51)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 12-Mar-11 14:24:14
Print Post

You were probably asked had you read T&Cs and agree them:
The legal stuff
BT Total Broadband
^ Calls and line rental
Line Rental Saver
. Available to BT Calling Plan customers paying £120 for 12 months in advance by debit/credit card equivalent to £10 a month (Full price changed to £120 on 13/11/10). Any additional charges to be paid by Direct Debit with e-billing (previous discount for the latter will no longer apply). At least two BT calls must be made per month or six BT calls per quarter to avoid a monthly charge of £1.50 or a quarterly charge of £4.50 being added to your bill. Advance payment is non-refundable. Exclusions and conditions apply.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BP1
(committed) Sat 12-Mar-11 15:02:18
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Do you have a calls package such as Evening & Weekend or Anytime?

If so, the (free) included calls count. 0845, anything at all counts.

Edit - checking your package, yes it's Anytime? Do you never make any outgoing calls?

Edit 2 - If you go to this page, scroll down to the "Legal stuff", and expand the second item - Calling Plans and line rental?

I can see this in the legal stuff now. It did not show this line in january 2011 on the order.
This is also not shown on the order which was sent by post.

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 12-Mar-11 15:12:59
Print Post

The 2 calls per month can also be sms too, as 200 per month are included with the anytime unlimited call plan so if you billy no mates you could send a couple of sms messages to your self each month, just so they don't charge you the £4.50 , lol
a prime example what bt are about, and the way they think

Edited by tommy45 (Sat 12-Mar-11 15:13:41)

Standard User BP1
(committed) Sat 12-Mar-11 15:28:18
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
You were probably asked had you read T&Cs and agree them:
The legal stuff
BT Total Broadband
^ Calls and line rental
Line Rental Saver
. Available to BT Calling Plan customers paying £120 for 12 months in advance by debit/credit card equivalent to £10 a month (Full price changed to £120 on 13/11/10). Any additional charges to be paid by Direct Debit with e-billing (previous discount for the latter will no longer apply). At least two BT calls must be made per month or six BT calls per quarter to avoid a monthly charge of £1.50 or a quarterly charge of £4.50 being added to your bill. Advance payment is non-refundable. Exclusions and conditions apply.

Spoke to BT about this by phone an hour ago. They have agreed that this was not indicated on the online order on some oders online in january due to some problems at that time. Its similar to issues where people recieved the homehub 2 instead the homehub 3 as shown on the web site at that time. I think they said that the web site was changed and updated 28 jan.

To BT's credit they gave me £10 for a missed appontment which i had no knowledge of. What happened was i had my first FTTC install fail due to exchange problems. The engineer was at my house and couldn't get infinity to work. He then had to put my old installation back untill the exchange problem was rectified. Ten days later they came back and its been great. The guy i spoke today said that that the £10 was for BT not getting me fully working that day.

To be honest i am not complaining just highlighting something i have observed today.

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 12-Mar-11 19:40:06
Print Post

Certainly has been the case the £1.50 for a couple of years now

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to