User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User stuorguk
(regular) Sat 02-Apr-11 00:00:58
Print Post

BT Groundhog day

[link to this post]

I have two phone lines in my house (two BT twisted pairs). One is a business line, with AAISP FTTC. The other has Bulldog/Pipex ADSL2.

Since the Pipex line is only for backup now, I decided to downgrade it to a cheaper package, so I called BT and asked them to take over the line with a basic ADSL package.

Instead, they took over my business line, causing all my incoming calls to come in on that socket. When I called customer services, thay told me I was mistaken, and I only have one line. After a long time on the phone, with warnings about how I must pay if it's my fault, they agreed to send an engineer out. When he arrived, he didn't believe me either, until he took both sockets off the wall, and put his test equipment on it. He said it was an exchange fault, and I had to call customer services again. I wouldnt let him go until I called them, so he could explain it. But they didn't believe him either!! He ended up leaving while I was stuck on the phone to CS. 5 days later engineer two arrived, and said the same thing. I called CS again, and its just back to square one.

There doesn't seem to be any way out of this. AAISP tell me my business line doesn't exist any more!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 02-Apr-11 11:08:41
Print Post

Re: BT Groundhog day

[re: stuorguk] [link to this post]

Did you call BT using the business line per chance? I bet the sales person took the caller ID rather than the number you read out to them....

Where to go - read your private messages - flashing mail icon at top of the page

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 02-Apr-11 11:22:26
Print Post

In reply to a post by stuorguk:
When I called customer services, they told me I was mistaken, and I only have one line.
Doesn't your BT bills show you have (had) 2 lines?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User stuorguk
(regular) Sat 02-Apr-11 11:55:25
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

No, because my business line is billed by AAISP, and the Residential line is billed by Pipex.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 02-Apr-11 16:30:00
Print Post

BT Retail are only aware of the ex-AAISP line, not the Pipex one, as the Pipex one is full LLU. So that's why later CS calls are telling you that you only have one line.

Calling them on the Pipex line would probably have worked fine, but that's no comfort now frown.

I expect MrSaffron has got you sorted out with his PM.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Standard User stuorguk
(regular) Sat 02-Apr-11 18:04:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I made all my calls to CS from the pipex line, and whenever they called me back, it's on the other line.

The Caller ID comes up the same on from both lines. Customer services dont know what LLU is. I dont think the engineers do either.
Standard User stuorguk
(regular) Sun 03-Apr-11 02:06:06
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, I got a call from BT a few hours later. They are looking into it.
Standard User stuorguk
(regular) Sun 03-Apr-11 12:43:00
Print Post

BT confirmed they took over the wrong line. But it's too late to rectify apparently. AAISP have to request to take back the line they already supplied. They should have received a cancellation request, which should have raised alarm bells.

What a mess.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sun 03-Apr-11 12:50:23
Print Post

Compensation?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU BB
Standard User stuorguk
(regular) Sun 03-Apr-11 12:51:59
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

I haven't even considered that yet. Just want the nightmare to end.
What can I reasonably ask for?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to