User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Leenig
(experienced) Mon 04-Apr-11 11:27:26
Print Post

Advise to have Bt reset my profile

[link to this post]

Hi

can anyone offer me any advise on how to have my Ip profile reset back to fast path? have called the BT support number on at least three occasions and still no reset

I had a fault on the line -openreach guy called he found no fault no issue closed

lee

Just recall BT TB call centre - talk about lose the will to live 15:53 monday 4th April

Edited by Leenig (Mon 04-Apr-11 15:34:17)

ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Mon 04-Apr-11 16:46:29
Print Post

Re:Advise to have Bt reset my profile

[re: Leenig] [link to this post]

Hi Leenig,

We can arrange to get you changed back to fastpath, send in your details via the web form below and we'll get that done for you.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Thanks,

Stephanie
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User kial
(member) Tue 05-Apr-11 11:41:02
Print Post

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

Stephanie, Can I do the same to have mine changed back to Fastpath please?

kial

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User OldBonezee
(newbie) Sat 07-Sep-13 06:51:15
Print Post

I need to get my IP profile reset to Fastpath too, after BT repaired a line fault that crippled my telephone line for 2 days. My IP Profile is now down at 0.14 Mbps, and I would expect BT to reset this after replacing the phone line to my house because of a short-circuit.
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Sat 07-Sep-13 13:27:26
Print Post

[re: OldBonezee] [link to this post]

Hi OldBonezee,

I'll be able to help you with this. Please send me in your details using the link below.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950

Thanks

Paddy
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User OldBonezee
(newbie) Sun 08-Sep-13 01:58:02
Print Post

Thanks to BT Care's Niall for calling me today and resetting my SNR profile.
Immediate improvement from 0.14Mbps to 4.5Mbps (close to my expected downstream rate).
Hopefully DLM will settle close to this over the next week or so, without too much degradation.
Standard User mcoughlin22
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-13 23:12:45
Print Post

[re: OldBonezee] [link to this post]

Hi,

I've just had infinity installed (Friday) and the engineers were unsure why I was getting less than what I was getting from ADSL (8MB with a cabinet a couple of streets away compared to 9MB ADSL for an exchange a couple of miles away). They even tested my line speed at point of entry into the house.

The engineers basically said "that's life" - nothing more can be done and that it was unlikely even after the settling in period, that the line speed would increase. BT won't speak to me until tomorrow (Tuesday) even though I'm pretty sure nothing miraculous will suddenly happen (from reading forums).

However thankfully I've came across this forum and my results from the checker show that I have a profile of 8.26MB download (upstream 10MB). Would this 100% explain my problem? Please note that my town has only just gone live with Infinity.

Thanks for your help,

Michael
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 18-Nov-13 23:30:05
Print Post

[re: mcoughlin22] [link to this post]

For a 10 Meg downstream sync you are looking at a line length to the cabinet of around 1.5km (1 mile) does that seem possible?

ADSL2+ with its lower frequencies does travel over distance better, but does not give the high speeds for those close. So first step before spending hours to get people to look at it is work out the distance to the green street cabinet that is your one.

But yes FTTC can be slower than ADSL, but should be rare.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mcoughlin22
(newbie) Mon 18-Nov-13 23:34:30
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi,

Thanks for the super quick reply. From my home to the cabinet is approximately 0.6 miles.

What do you think?

Michael
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 19-Nov-13 08:45:29
Print Post

[re: mcoughlin22] [link to this post]

So a speed around 24 Meg would be more normal. If the .6 miles is cable distance and not a radial distance

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to