User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Simon888
(learned) Tue 05-Apr-11 17:39:17
Print Post

BT Infinity Sales call

[link to this post]

Hi there,

Just thought I would share my experience...

BT have just called me trying to sell me BT Infinity. But they did not call it that on the phone. They just said "Faster Internet". I then asked was that BT Infinity, and the woman said YES.

So it looks like the time scales for roll out have been put forward again smile

Originally it was December, then March, and then it disappeared from the website a roll out date.

I asked if my "Special Deal" that I currently have can be moved to BT Infinity, and she said no it will be the advertised price. She did quote the price but I cant remember what that was now.

SO I said I will have to wait until my current special price is up, as I cant justify the price increase.

She said they will keep my details on file and call me nearer that time. I replied fine smile

I did ask her if this call was in reply to the pre interest thing that I was notified when it was available on their website, and she said now. So Im wondering what's the point of that!!!

Oh the area Im in in Reading central.

Hope this is of use.... so you may be getting a call soon as well smile

Simon
Standard User Pod
(experienced) Wed 06-Apr-11 16:07:35
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity Sales call

[re: Simon888] [link to this post]

I just had the fourth or fifth call, along with more junkmail today, trying to persuade me to subscribe to Infinity.

The salesperson swore 'honestly' that there was no traffic management on Infinity, she backed down once I pointed her to the 'BT Broadband Fair Usage Policy' webpage which states that traffic is managed on all home broadband packages including Infinity.

She claimed she knew nothing of this, and I believed her, initially she was trying to persuade me that the point of Infinity was that no traffic management applied, otherwise what was the point. Which was exactly the same point I had made half an hour previously.
Standard User Simon888
(regular) Wed 06-Apr-11 17:20:49
Print Post

[re: Pod] [link to this post]

Well I think it is a third party agency that is doing all the calls and NOT BT.

The call comes from 01709 764400, which I doubt is a BT call centre number, as usually if someone from BT calls it is on a 0800 number for you to call back.

Just pop that number into Google and see the amount of people moaning about the number of calls that come from there.

You are right, I dont think they have a clue about any BT products in the way of traffic management. Although I did read somewhere that from April sometime they are dropping all traffic management, but don't quote me on that.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 06-Apr-11 17:25:29
Print Post

Probably the manager briefing about the remove of the FUP 300GB limit confused the people

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Malwaremike
(member) Wed 06-Apr-11 17:27:24
Print Post

[re: Simon888] [link to this post]

These calls are from 'BT partner' CCA International. Despite TPS registration and requests to CCA we have received them regularly, some of them silent calls. Don't believe a word from any of them, they are a pack of lying pests.

And this from someone who has been satisfied with his BT BB package. What a way to treat customers.
Standard User Pod
(experienced) Wed 06-Apr-11 17:55:02
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

I think the salesperson genuinely didn't have a clue, as she was adamant that there is no traffic management, and was very apologetic when I proved that there is.

She also tried to convince me that I only received 8Mb download, although I get 12Mb, and was shocked that the system showed I had "no upload speed AT ALL", even though I get 1.2Mb.

Overall, I could have been clueless enough to be completely mis-sold BT Infinity on the basis of what she was stating as fact, which, in truth, was totally inaccurate.
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 06-Apr-11 23:36:43
Print Post

so your point is ? BT sales folk are clueless ? Come on we tell us something we don`t know smile

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User shtu
(experienced) Thu 07-Apr-11 14:05:00
Print Post

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrGrumpy:
Sales folk are clueless ? Come on we tell us something we don`t know smile

Edited for accuracy. wink
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 07-Apr-11 16:23:56
Print Post

[re: shtu] [link to this post]

Not ungarbled though tongue.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 07-Apr-11 17:27:57
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

top tip don`t post after a few beers tongue Anyway getting bored with the same old BT traffic shape,BT sales told me lies and then come on here and moan about it to make what point exactly ??!!

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to