User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 420
(learned) Fri 15-Apr-11 12:05:52
Print Post

INFINITY INSTALLATION

[link to this post]

*This has already been posted in the "Fibre" section, just wanted to make sure potential customers see this"

Hi,

Not posted on here for some time but thought I could share my experiences with BT INFINITY.

Last week I placed an order with BT Business for the BT Business Fibre (INFINITY) on one of our lines in the shop (We are a small computer repair and support company)

The girl on the phone taking the order was very pleasant and the whole process was over within 10 minutes.

I was then given a reference number and an engineer installation date and time of this morning between 08:00 and 11:00.

On Wednesday morning I received our "BT Business Hub: Fibre" router which happens to be a 2wire

We don't normally open until 09:00 so I got in this morning at 07:30 and proceeded to prepare the area where the phone socket is so it is all nice and clear for the engineer.

11:00 has now passed and still no sign of an engineer.

Just got off the phone with BT Business after being told there was a problem and that the order had been rejected and cancelled!!!

Now correct me if I'm wrong here but is BT a communications company?

Well if so they have yet to grasp the concept as we have had absolutely no communication from them. (what a joke)

The chap who took the call asked me if I would like the order placed again!

But going on the experience so far I have decided against it as I have now lost all confidence in BT and I will be actively seeking to move all our business away from them as soon as possible!

Anyone have any suggestions on a good supplier of unlimited FTTC that won't break the bank?

Many thanks

/endrant
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 15-Apr-11 12:30:26
Print Post

Re: INFINITY INSTALLATION

[re: 420] [link to this post]

Issue is that Openreach may have failed to keep the appointment, BT Total has no more control over Openreach than the other providers.

Currently BT Total is really the only cheap unlimited FTTC option. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.... lists a few other unlimited, but at a very different price

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User 420
(learned) Fri 15-Apr-11 12:35:54
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply Andrew

As stated in the original post I was informed that the job had been canceled on the system with no explanation or prior communication to inform us of this.

The job never even got as far as being pinned to an engineer.

As with regards to the cost, I thought BT had to play fair and sell access to their competitors at the same price as they charge themselves?

Any other unlimited package is double and more!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 15-Apr-11 12:41:43
Print Post

[re: 420] [link to this post]

Openreach is charging the same price, just that BT Total is taking a gamble that people will not use the unlimited too much.

If one were looking at this from a sustainability issue, BT Total pricing does not look sustainable, until you consider the use of traffic management, which means people will not see full speeds for some protocols at peak times.

Also if looking at business things, BT often charge for things like static IP, domain names and other things that may be bundled with other suppliers, plus might even be better at managing the interface with Openreach.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to