User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bwlmog
(newbie) Mon 30-May-11 08:49:13
Print Post

Problems migrating to BT Infinity

[link to this post]

Hopefully somone on this forum can help.

I have been trying to migrate my broadband service from BE Broadband to BT Infinity for the past week. I was originally told by BT that the MAC Code provided was incorrect and then told that there was a product on my line that was incompatible with the BT systems ( I currently have my line rental and calls with BT and noly my LLU ADSL2+ broadband with BE).

I have taken both of these issues up with BE and have been told categorically that the MAC code is correct and that there is no special equipment / software on the line and that they have had no such problems with customers migrating in the past.

I have relayed this informtaion to BT and the last suggestion (29/05/11) was that BT would cancel the original order and that I was to wait 24hrs before ordering again. 24hours has now passed and yet the order is still showing on my BT account and when I try to place a new order I get an error message advising me that there is an order already in place.

Has anyone had any similar issues or could a BT moderator assist.

Thanks in advance,
Standard User ffox
(member) Mon 30-May-11 09:24:25
Print Post

Re: Problems migrating to BT Infinity

[re: bwlmog] [link to this post]

I've been in this situation since 3rd March! When BT failed to get me connected after 6 weeks (and 2 MACs) I tried Plusnet with a 3rd MAC. They are getting similar responses from BTW. The MAC is usually reported as the reason for failure to place the order.

BTW "have acknowledged there is a problem within their systems and are working on a resolution for this".

They have been working on it for 11 days so far. My 3rd MAC is about to expire.

Xilo C&W LLU, Netgear DG834 PN, St Ives Cambs
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 30-May-11 09:29:10
Print Post

[re: ffox] [link to this post]

MAC from xilo?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ffox
(member) Mon 30-May-11 09:37:06
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

From C&W via Xilo. The MACs check out OK on the Xilo, BTR and Plusnet systems. The trouble is within the BTW system.

Standard User bwlmog
(newbie) Mon 30-May-11 09:41:46
Print Post

ffox,

Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like you are having a nightmare, will give them a call now and see if there is any workaround, can't really afford to pay the charges being asked by other FTTC suppliers but don't want another few weeks of hassle to get this sorted.

Seems bizzare that BT are offering a service to customers but unable to provide because of their systems. Doesn't bode well really does it!!!
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Mon 30-May-11 10:04:15
Print Post

Re:Problems migrating to BT Infinity

Hi Bwlmog,

Please send in your details using http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950 and I will take a look to see what is happening with your order.

Thanks

Paddy,
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User bwlmog
(newbie) Mon 30-May-11 10:23:07
Print Post

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

BT_Care,

Thanks for the offer email just send and enquiry enquiry reference number given was 110530-000942.

Regards

Neil
Standard User ffox
(member) Mon 30-May-11 10:39:05
Print Post

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

If you like I'll PM you my abandoned BT Order Number. (It might help your investigation.)

Edited by ffox (Mon 30-May-11 12:22:02)

Standard User bwlmog
(newbie) Mon 30-May-11 10:46:41
Print Post

ffox,

Thanks for your help and I'll let you know what I find out. Are you still waiting or going elsewhere?
Standard User ffox
(member) Mon 30-May-11 11:02:04
Print Post

I gave up after 6 weeks - Plusnet are trying to get FTTC for me now.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to