User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User trolleybus
(learned) Fri 03-Jun-11 10:57:28
Print Post

BT Advertising

[link to this post]

I have a BT line, paying rental to them, but use another ISP. I am with a Level 1 exchange and don't believe there will be any increase in speeds any time soon. Outgoing calls are diverted via my ISP call package that gives anytime 500 free minutes to regular land lines and for anything else I use VoIP. As a rule my down speed is around 6.8Mbps, so all in all there seems no merit in looking for alternative suppliers.

Not the way BT sees it though, with promises of blistering download speeds for a rental that is next to nothing judging by their WEEKLY mail drop to me plus a couple of emails or so weekly and enthusiastic advertising for their broadband service in a leaflet that comes with their quarterly account. All wasted on me because there really is nothing better available for me; in fact it would cost me much more, in the term, if I did to switch to BT.

It seems to me that many other Internet user are in the same position as myself so just a suggestion to BT [got your hearing aid in?]. Cut out all this unnecessary advertising and invest the money instead in actually improving the infrastructure in rural areas. Then, and only then, might we actually consider your services.
Standard User Tox_Laximus
(member) Fri 03-Jun-11 11:28:26
Print Post

Re: BT Advertising

[re: trolleybus] [link to this post]

Unlimited Broadband and Calls
with superfast BT Infinity broadband
Unlimited Broadband and Calls

Superfast BT Infinity
Advanced security
BT Home Hub
FREE Wi-Fi minutes
See more features
18 month contract

Up to 40Mb download speed
Up to 10Mb upload speed

Unlimited usage

Anytime Calls

FREE connection

FREE for 3 months £28 FREE for 3 months + Line rental from £10

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User RandomJointer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jun-11 11:31:48
Print Post

[re: Tox_Laximus] [link to this post]

Sounds like a cracking deal to me. No wonder they are advertising itsmile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 03-Jun-11 11:45:57
Print Post

[re: RandomJointer] [link to this post]

Be a good idea if they target their advertising in the right place. Had a leaflet from Bt saying about their Fibre service, just a shame we don't have fibre around here smile

Not that I would use it anyway, happy where I am at the moment for the price i am paying.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Standard User tonym
(member) Fri 03-Jun-11 12:08:03
Print Post

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zyborg47:
Be a good idea if they target their advertising in the right place. Had a leaflet from Bt saying about their Fibre service, just a shame we don't have fibre around here smile

/quote]

That applies to all national companies.
I keep getting leaflets about Virgin media`s Cable service, I see constant adverts on National television extolling the virtues of Cable broadband and tevision service..

Cable has been in parts of my town for 25 years and I am no nearer getting it now than I was then.
I will go so far as to say that I do not believe I will see a cable service in my part of SS7 within the next 15 yeras.

That does not stop them sending me leaflets, which i promptly throw away, or shouting at the television when there adverts come on.

tonym
  Print Thread

Jump to