User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BP1
(committed) Sat 11-Jun-11 14:19:10
Print Post

BT Billing UK contact

[link to this post]

Does anyone have a direct phone number for contacting BT billing in the UK.
Just recieved my latest bill. There is a £199.00 charge which states that my bank account in april was wrongly credited by this amount and now they are claiming this back. I have had no communication of this previously from BT.
I however have checked my banking online statements and there is no credit from BT for any months.
I spoke to BT 0800800150 India call centre and they keep repeating that my bank account was incorrectly credited on 4 April. I have tried very hard to state that i have checked my banking online account and that it shows no BT credit but they are not prepared to check or assist me further. This money will leave my account within the next week or so by DD with my bill.

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

"When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane"

Edited by BP1 (Sat 11-Jun-11 14:21:28)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Sat 11-Jun-11 14:34:51
Print Post

Re: BT Billing UK contact

[re: BP1] [link to this post]

150 Option Billing is the right # but you have been on to that.

Either:
  1. Get you bank to refuse the unwanted charge under the DD Guarantee, and/or
  2. Send BT a copy of your bank statement proving you were never credited with the claimed amount.
EDIT: You could also raise a formal written complaint with BT.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB

Edited by XRaySpeX (Sat 11-Jun-11 14:37:39)

Standard User undecidedadrian
(regular) Sat 11-Jun-11 14:37:21
Print Post

You have tried to speak to BT and they have effectivly refused to deal with you.

I would say go down to the Citizens Advice, they can help and they have access to solicitors who can help you.

I would suggest now that all communications between you and BT should be in writing though as this sort of mess now will need a grown up somewhere in BT to sort out and if it goes to court you will have everything in writing.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 11-Jun-11 14:58:29
Print Post

[re: undecidedadrian] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by undecidedadrian:
You have tried to speak to BT and they have effectivly refused to deal with you.

I would say go down to the Citizens Advice, they can help and they have access to solicitors who can help you.

I would suggest now that all communications between you and BT should be in writing though as this sort of mess now will need a grown up somewhere in BT to sort out and if it goes to court you will have everything in writing.
O f the op could e-mail the CEO ian.livingston@bt.com and tell him i'm quite sure that you will get a response,and from the uk no indian call center

Standard User BP1
(committed) Sat 11-Jun-11 17:06:19
Print Post

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll wait until monday give them a call and if i get the same response i think an email as suggested would be the first action.

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

Standard User Malwaremike
(member) Sat 11-Jun-11 17:16:12
Print Post

Yes, whatever you do put everything in writing. I'm happy enough with BT but these vast companies are fine while all goes well. If something goes wrong you need solid evidence.
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Mon 13-Jun-11 15:24:37
Print Post

Re:BT Billing UK contact

Hi BP1

Just seen you post and would like to look into this for you, drop me your details via http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950 and I will gladly take a look into this to see why this has been raised on your bill

Regards David
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User BP1
(committed) Mon 13-Jun-11 17:21:03
Print Post

Re:BT Billing UK contact

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

Quick Update:- I spoke to my bank this morning. They were quite helpful. Any credit or debit would have to have some sort of reference number when the transaction is made. I was advised to call BT again to request this. I called BT and they said the reason they were unable to help on saturday was because BT Billing / cashier / fianance people work Mon-Fri. The indian call centre also stated that no credit to my bank account has been made although my bill states this in error. However they do not have the relevent access to the BT systems to correct this. They however transfered my call to BT Newport to assist in this. It took a little explaining but this person has now stated that this will need to be investigated by a manager. This will take 3 - 5 days. The incorrect cost applied relates to an error which took place with BT Vision sometime ago. They just now need BT vision to confirm all the details. As there is no banking reference number it should be easy to sought out as no credit has ever been applied to my bank hence they should not be claiming for any charge backs against me.

I would like to thank David at BT_Care for his very kind offer to look at this further. However for the time being it would probably be best to let BT Newport to continue into this first. I really dont want to confuse matters any further by different people looking into this. If i get no response by the end of the week then i really would be grateful for BT_Care to assist.

BTW - So far all of todays communications with BT have been quite good. This includes the indian call centre and BT Newport. It would be very wrong of me to apply that i have been treated badly today.
On that note i really hope things will get sorted prior to my DD leaving my bank account hopefully before the end of the week.

Regards

BP1

BTBroadband

Print Thread

Jump to