User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 16-Jun-11 11:11:46
Print Post

Moving to Infinity

[link to this post]

Tried to place order online to move over from Sky LLU (SMPF), my landline is also with Sky but its WLR3 which i believe is fine for using with Infinity.

When the online checker, runs a check on my number it says I need a BT line... Is this just a mistake?

My home number shows up on any ADSL checkers i use, which leads me to believe it is fine.

Sky Broadband
Unlimited
Standard User Ribble
(member) Thu 16-Jun-11 11:20:11
Print Post

Re: Moving to Infinity

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

Have a read through this thread
Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 16-Jun-11 11:22:22
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

I'm not fully Unbundled though...

If i was this would not show up when using the ADSL checker:

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 7.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 6.5Mbps and 8Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports a fibre technology with an estimated WBC FTTC Broadband where consumers have received downstream line speed of 36Mbps and upstream line speed of 7.8Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Thank you for your interest.

Sky Broadband
Unlimited

Edited by BuckleZ (Thu 16-Jun-11 11:23:31)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User geordiekris
(experienced) Fri 17-Jun-11 21:50:15
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

Pain in the ass sequence but call 0800 800 880 choose the option i want to leave BT even tho you dont have bt migrate lin ethen bb then upgrade to fibre if your cabinet is fibre enabled

looking at your test resukts the cabinet is fiber enabled but hell who is ever sure

i can say whatever i want as i no longer work for the [censored]!
  Print Thread

Jump to