User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User davyboy
(learned) Sat 09-Jul-11 19:55:46
Print Post

BT infinity modem

[link to this post]

Joined BT infinity 3 weeks ago. The last week has seen the openreach modem stop working 4 times due to power failing. It seems to me that its overheating because you have to wait for the modem to cool down before it will restart. I rang the BT helpline last Sunday & was told an engineer would contact me within 48 hours to change the modem as it appears to be faulty. I am still waiting for the engineers visit. Beginning to regret moving to BT already. Be warned.
Standard User Ney
(newbie) Sat 09-Jul-11 20:11:43
Print Post

Re: BT infinity modem

[re: davyboy] [link to this post]

I have only had BT Infinity since 4th March and I have already had to get the BT Openreach modem replaced twice.

Darren

Edited by Ney (Sat 09-Jul-11 20:13:09)

Standard User New_Londoner
(member) Sat 09-Jul-11 23:04:47
Print Post

Other posters have suggested wall mounting the modem to avoid it being left on a window sill in sunlight. Just a thought.

---

All opinions expressed by me are my own

BT Infinity
Speedtest result (excluding 2Mbps for BT Vision)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lockyatlrg
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 09-Jul-11 23:22:11
Print Post

[re: Ney] [link to this post]

Wall mounted here, rock solid so far.

BT Infinity
ROUTER:-HomeHub3
Sync 40000D 10000U
Standard User nelix01
(member) Sun 10-Jul-11 07:57:06
Print Post

[re: lockyatlrg] [link to this post]

It is well know that the OR modem is not the greatest piece of kit and prone to overheating. Vertically mounting it does seem to help with with ventilation and cooling.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 10-Jul-11 08:55:54
Print Post

[re: nelix01] [link to this post]

Horizontal on desk, next to Iomega 500GB disc chucking out heat roughly in its direction as the layout and space is not very flexible, plus router, plus often an old Advent laptop. South-facing window, (usually closed), with temperature monitored for a couple of months by a sensor in the middle of that lot. Central heating radiator a metre away.

At the time of posting, showing 22.7C, often shown over 28C when I've bothered to look. No problems.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User dspillett
(committed) Sun 10-Jul-11 09:52:56
Print Post

[re: New_Londoner] [link to this post]

It seems to be standard now: the BT/or person that switched by line over to FTTC did it as part of the install (and asked where I wanted it rather than just plonking it somewhere random).

--------------------------------------------------------
Current ISP: Andrews & Arnold (AAISP, aa.net.uk) via FTTC at ~36Mbit down & ~10Mbit up, joined July 2011.
Previous setup: Be Pro with UploadPlus (ADSL2+, AnnexM), 12ish Mbit down, 1.6 up, happy customer for ~2.5 years.
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Thu 14-Jul-11 11:59:49
Print Post

Re:BT infinity modem

Hi davyboy

If you send me over your details via http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950 I will gladly look into what is happening with the engineer visit you were promised.

Regards David
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User davyboy
(learned) Thu 14-Jul-11 12:08:43
Print Post

Re:BT infinity modem

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

Hi David, Just to let you know a BT engineer is due in about an hours time, hopefully to solve the problem Cheers
Standard User griff_90
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 14-Jul-11 12:42:07
Print Post

[re: New_Londoner] [link to this post]

I'm wondering if Huawei made a manufacturing change to this modem as I've had mine powered up 24/7 since August last year and it doesn't even get warm let alone hot (and that's sitting flat on a table)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to