User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User jimholder
(newbie) Sat 06-Aug-11 11:09:42
Print Post

Infinity Service

[link to this post]

I became an Infinity customer in January this year. Completely trouble free until a couple of days ago when I started to notice broadband drop-out (HH2 with blue light turning to red). OK for a few minutes after reset but then off again. This was late in the day so phoned BT the following morning. Call centre noted fault and gave me a reference. received text message that fault was being traced - also got email to that effect (which, of course, I couldn't know at the time).
To my surprise an engineer appeared about three hours after the call, performed on site diagnostics went out to the FTTC cabinet returned to say that 'a couple of crimps were loose'. He performed the diagnostics again and then went to the outside junction box via a hole in the pavement. here he cleaned the various wires and replaced several connection pieces. He then performed diagnostics again, telephoned the centre(?) and reported that all was OK at that end. As he was talking he reconnected the openreach router to the PC and wall socket when the DSL light showed nothing - the router had gone phut as he talked. He replaced the router there and then. We remade all connections, synced and all has been well since. This chap was at my house for about two hours, pleasant, courteous and extremely capable. I am deeply impressed.
Standard User Ribble
(member) Sat 06-Aug-11 12:47:56
Print Post

Re: Infinity Service

[re: jimholder] [link to this post]

I presume he replaced the white Openreach modem, not the black BT router (Home hub 2 or 3 )?
Standard User jimholder
(newbie) Sat 06-Aug-11 13:42:06
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Home Hub 2 (HH2) and yes I meant the modem not the router - sorry.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TJNewton
(regular) Sun 07-Aug-11 18:45:28
Print Post

[re: jimholder] [link to this post]

As an ex BT employee of 40 years it is refreshing to hear some positive feedback on this forum. I know in a lot of cases criticism is justified but it is nice to hear that they can do something right.

BTBroadband MAX (?) DSL

Come back with that goats head Jason we need it for the soup!
  Print Thread

Jump to