User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User lazarus55555
(newbie) Sat 20-Aug-11 12:03:17
Print Post

BT option 3 with fibre help

[link to this post]

I coudnt get infinity but could get bt option three with fibre I was told I would get around 8 meg, which is alot better than 1meg I have had to put up with for years.

Anyway they installed it and they were getting 30meg at the master socket and I was over the moon. I was getting 27meg to my pc which slowly dropped to around 23 during the training period and on the bt speed test site it said my ip profile was 27meg.

One of my children knocked the plugs off to the modem and hub when it resynced it synced at 12meg and on the bt speed test site my ip profile has changed to 13meg, I have rang BT but been told I should be happy as I was only told I would get 8meg. Is there anything I can do myself as I dont want to turn the router off again just incase it goes even slower lol, thanks for any help.
Standard User adebov
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 20-Aug-11 12:13:51
Print Post

Re: BT option 3 with fibre help

[re: lazarus55555] [link to this post]

Like any BT based product, there should be systems in place which allow it to recover in time.
You may have to wait a while, but if you can keep your kids away from the modem, it should go back up (eventually).

been told I should be happy as I was only told I would get 8meg

Simply not an acceptable response (but a typical one, made to get you to go away - which is the whole point of 1st line support).
If you used to get 23Mbps, that's what you should get (not 8Mbps just because that's what the estimator said).

Still; another excellent example of the good service BT provide wink

Ade

ADSL2+ with BE
DL Sync around 4.8Mbps
UL Sync 1088kbps

DG834GT with DGTeam firmware
Standard User lazarus55555
(newbie) Sat 20-Aug-11 12:23:01
Print Post

Re: BT option 3 with fibre help

[re: adebov] [link to this post]

Thanks for that I will wait and see what happens I assumed that the bt speed test site said my maxium ip profile was 13meg thats all it would go up to, so hopefully it will go back up over time then.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to