User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BLOODUK
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Sep-11 22:03:08
Print Post

BT Yahoo, WHY?

[link to this post]

I've been on sky broadband for about a year now but in the last week, when ever i check my bt email's through thunderbird it keeps saying failure to login and gives me the BT yahoo webpage. When I login via bt yahoo webpage, the email software thunderbird will then work and will work for the rest of the day. Until tomorrow when it nags me again.

Sending of Password did not succeed. Error Logging in, please visit Bt Yahoo.

Now you would say my password is wrong, but it is not it's never been changed in the last year. If it was wrong why would it not work until i sign in via bt yahoo.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 06-Sep-11 22:20:51
Print Post

Re: BT Yahoo, WHY?

[re: BLOODUK] [link to this post]

Did you click something a week ago saying there was an email upgrade available, or anything with a similar message? That shifts you onto the Yahoo email service. Have you acquired a Yahoo toolbar as well?

I've been telling people recently that used to happen to me years ago, (1982 or earlier). I can't believe it still happens, so hopefully there is another explanation.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User Jaggies
(committed) Wed 07-Sep-11 10:29:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I've been telling people recently that used to happen to me years ago, (1982 or earlier). I can't believe it still happens, so hopefully there is another explanation.

Shurely shome mishtake?

Yahoo was formed in 1995. The internet was barely in short trousers in 1982!

~~~~~
Brian
From September 2001 on BTopenworld Home 500/Home 1000/Home 2000. Then ADSLMax on <n>ildram. Moved to ADSL2+ from ADSL24. I'm now with plusnet. I'm not saying who I work for. Any opinions expressed here are my own.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 07-Sep-11 11:06:09
Print Post

[re: Jaggies] [link to this post]

smile
Yes, you're right frown. 1982 was when I started my business, and I moved away from those premises in 2002 by which time I hade been on BT Internet 512kbps broadband for a number of years. So it should read "2002 or earlier".

Doddery-brain typed the wrong date.

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

Standard User BLOODUK
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Sep-11 13:06:46
Print Post

Did you click something a week ago saying there was an email upgrade available, or anything with a similar message? That shifts you onto the Yahoo email service. Have you acquired a Yahoo toolbar as well?

Nope, I never install such tripe.. Hate toolbars. frown

Logged in this morning via thunderbird and it's working fine, perhaps a bug in thunderbird?. Though it's odd when i try to login via bt yahoo it says INCORRECT PASSWORD, use the same pass again and I log straight in. Perhaps this what is also causing the issue with thunderbird

Edited by BLOODUK (Wed 07-Sep-11 13:07:45)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 07-Sep-11 13:43:23
Print Post

[re: BLOODUK] [link to this post]

That can be a saved/remembered password having a [space] at the end of it or a non-printing character in the middle of it.

Right-click in the password so it is fully highlighted, then retype what it should be.

Standard User Jaggies
(committed) Wed 07-Sep-11 21:28:14
Print Post

smile
Yes, you're right frown.

I'm always right wink
1982 was when I started my business, and I moved away from those premises in 2002 by which time I hade been on BT Internet 512kbps broadband for a number of years. So it should read "2002 or earlier".

Doddery-brain typed the wrong date.

BTopenworld (as it was then known), was announced to the world in April 2000. So quite a small number of years.

Unless you were on the BTinteractive trial, which started in the late 1990s, but was a 2Mb rather 512 kbps connection.

~~~~~
Brian
From September 2001 on BTopenworld Home 500/Home 1000/Home 2000. Then ADSLMax on <n>ildram. Moved to ADSL2+ from ADSL24. I'm now with plusnet. I'm not saying who I work for. Any opinions expressed here are my own.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Wed 07-Sep-11 21:41:37
Print Post

My @BTopenworld.com email address goes back to about '99 and it slowly changed to @btclick.com and @btconnect.com so along with my BTinternet.com I have a matching set!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Jaggies
(committed) Thu 08-Sep-11 00:48:22
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
My @BTopenworld.com email address goes back to about '99

Not unless they used it in the trial - mass market ADSL wasn't announced until Q2 in 2000.
In reply to a post by MHC:
and it slowly changed to @btclick.com and @btconnect.com so along with my BTinternet.com I have a matching set!

btclick.com is now deprecated but may still work - btconnect.com is the current Business email domain.

~~~~~
Brian
Standard User MHC
(legend) Thu 08-Sep-11 01:07:57
Print Post

You've got it ...

I was on the trial programme for both ADSL and before that Highway!

@BTclick.com still works and I still get email sent to that from departments within BT that should know of the change!

Have a read of that article and the doom mongers suggesting a 50:1 contention would not work and 6:1 was needed. BT got it nearly right 40:1 might have been better but it was a good start. Also where it stated 50 people sharing one connection - obviously there were a lot of people who did not understand the implementation ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to