User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Hodge
(learned) Sat 17-Sep-11 20:43:35
Print Post

Unbelievable BT

[link to this post]

I have spoken with BT numerous times this week about moving to their BT Infinity package and on every occasion they have confirmed that I can have it. My neighbours have it, the BT checker says I can have it and several BT customer service reps said they can see I can have it on the system but when we tried to place the order it would only show ADSL and not Infinity. Bearing in mind I have a line that has been tested at upto 5.5mb with Sky and I am on exactly the same cabinets as others who have the FTTC CN21 network installed how can BT say I can't have it. These other people have lines that didn't have ADSL speeds higher than 1.5mb and worse attenuation/noise margins.They need to get an engineer out to my house with the correct equipment to test it rather than try to fob me off as I had a PTO tell me that I would be able to have Infinity when we had the fibre rolled out to the cabinet.

Any BT staff on here who would care to try and justify this ridiculous attitude and cop out. I was in my neighbours house today and his Infinity was running at 37mb.

Come on BT get this situation resolved.
Standard User Ribble
(member) Sat 17-Sep-11 21:02:11
Print Post

Re: Unbelievable BT

[re: Hodge] [link to this post]

No ports available at the cabinet ?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 17-Sep-11 21:03:55
Print Post

Can another ISP offer you service?

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Hodge
(regular) Sat 17-Sep-11 21:05:51
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:
No ports available at the cabinet ?

Highly unlikely at this stage.
Standard User Embraer
(member) Sat 17-Sep-11 21:06:47
Print Post

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Cut & Paste the information you receive from this website once you enter your phone number. If the BT Wholesale says your predicted download is less than 15mb you can't get Infinity but you can get other ISPs products

If god had meant man to fly he would have given him more understanding bank managers!

3 Macs, 2 iPads, 2 iPhones, 1 Netgear 834GT with DGTeam firmware, 1 Apple Timecapsule extended by 2 AEs. Bye Bye AOHell, Hello O2, See Ya O2 once FTTC FINALLY arrives from my cab
Standard User Hodge
(regular) Sat 17-Sep-11 21:10:35
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:

Only other ISP is TalkTalk and I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole as their customer service is abysmal. My neighbour who has TalkTalk equivalent of Infinity, installed on wednesday, had a call from them yesterday trying to sell it to him...lol

I will now wait until Sky roll it out.
Standard User Hodge
(regular) Sat 17-Sep-11 21:13:48
Print Post

[re: Embraer] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Embraer:
Cut & Paste the information you receive from this website once you enter your phone number. If the BT Wholesale says your predicted download is less than 15mb you can't get Infinity but you can get other ISPs products

Both the BT Checker on their website and the customer service reps at BT who I spoke with had it as 29.8mb down & 6.6mb up before they said I can't get it...Now do you see why it's ridiculous?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 17-Sep-11 21:18:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by Hodge:
In reply to a post by BatBoy:

Only other ISP is TalkTalk and I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole as their customer service is abysmal. My neighbour who has TalkTalk equivalent of Infinity, installed on wednesday, had a call from them yesterday trying to sell it to him...lol

I will now wait until Sky roll it out.
No, there's lots of ISPs offering FTTC.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User chris6273
(member) Sat 17-Sep-11 23:22:27
Print Post

RobertoS's website will be informative in this sense of what ISP's are offering FTTC: http://www.robertos.me.uk/html/isps_offering_fttc.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Broadband Speed Test

Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 8128 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 13.0 db 10.0 db
Noise Margin 16.8 db 24.0 db
Max(Kbps): 11616 1056

Edited by chris6273 (Sat 17-Sep-11 23:22:45)

Standard User New_Londoner
(member) Sun 18-Sep-11 18:08:34
Print Post

Cut and paste what the Wholesale checker says for your line anyway - this must be for your actual number and not postcode to be useful.

---

All opinions expressed by me are my own

BT Infinity
Speedtest result (excluding 2Mbps for BT Vision)
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to