User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 17-Sep-11 23:38:53
Print Post

BT Powerline Adapter Issues

[link to this post]

Got these with out BT Package but they sent us 4 of them and not just 2 so we are making use of them

At the moment there is just the 2 in use, 1 to take the internet connection from the HH to a router upstairs that 2 PC's are connected to and any wireless devices as well.

The problem is..

the speed of the connection between the 2 adapters keeps dropping to as low as 4mbps witch makes transferring files over them painfully slow and causes the internet to also come to a crawl.

Sometimes the speed will go back to 100ish mbps after a min or 2 and other times i have to turn them off and on again to get any kind of decent connection between them

What the hell is casuing this slow down??

BT 8MB
Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Sep-11 18:20:25
Print Post

Re: BT Powerline Adapter Issues

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

Could be mains borne interference from something in the house, or from outside (You are likely too far away from the cement works for it to be that, but any other heavy electricity users, such as welding could play havoc) or if one or both of the adapters are fitted into a filtered extension lead/multiway adapter. (A surge suppression only adapter should not be the cause of the problem).

Cheers!

Clive

"As I hurtled through space towards re-entry at twice the speed of sound the only thought in my mind was that this craft was entirely built by the lowest bidder! John Glen, Astronaut

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 18-Sep-11 20:33:04
Print Post

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

Thats what i tought.. i did go round turning things off to see what happend to the connection but it seems to drop randomly.

Also.. how do you know i live near a cement works tongue damn stalkers wink

BT 8MB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Sep-11 23:05:43
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Seansmit17:
Also.. how do you know i live near a cement works tongue damn stalkers wink

You mentioned in a post that you lived in Leeswood, my wife and I lived in Penyffordd for thirty years, the damn new cement works was the deciding factor in whether to move or not.

Cheers!

Clive

"As I hurtled through space towards re-entry at twice the speed of sound the only thought in my mind was that this craft was entirely built by the lowest bidder! John Glen, Astronaut

Andrews & Arnold
DrayTek Vigor 2800V

Standard User NilSatisOptimum
(member) Mon 19-Sep-11 08:06:31
Print Post

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

They as good as the wiring they use!

My views are my experiences.
  Print Thread

Jump to