User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nevans
(member) Tue 15-Nov-11 09:29:09
Print Post

HH3 wifi problems

[link to this post]

Over the last couple of weeks I've been having problems with one of my laptops, and two iPhones connecting to the HH3's WiFi. The laptop continuously connects, disconnects, re-connects, and the iPhones say 'unable to join network', and require the pass phrase to re-entered. according to the HH3, it hasn't been updated since April, but this has only started happening recently. It seems to be something to do with the way that these devices are authenticating, because if i boot my laptop with Linux, all is well!

N.B. it's not wireless channels, as i am clear both sides of my channel.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 15-Nov-11 12:06:55
Print Post

Re: HH3 wifi problems

[re: nevans] [link to this post]

I'm going to monitor this thread ...

I have been trying to sort out my neighbour's HH3 - we cannot get anything to connect wirelessly including my PCs. His devices including iPads can connect to my network without problems (once I gave him the password).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User nevans
(member) Tue 15-Nov-11 14:51:46
Print Post

I should add that two other laptops that we have are fine, and the laptop that has the connection problem used to be fine.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(committed) Tue 15-Nov-11 16:52:37
Print Post

Delete all saved wifi connections

then use Command ROUTE DETELE 0.0.0.0

then try set it up again.

BE*Unlimited 17527/1412Kbps
My Broadband Speed TestMy Broadband Speed Test
Standard User nevans
(member) Fri 18-Nov-11 12:04:30
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

Hi epyon, I wasn't convinced that this would work, and it didn't make any difference. Route 0.0.0.0 basically means 'any address that's not in my network, send to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (the default gateway). This problem is more fundamental, in that a valid connection cannot be established; it's almost like continuous 'CHAP' requests are happening.

N.B. it's now happening on my newest laptop....marvellous!
everything points to the HH3 to me. I'm going to change it for a belkin and see what happens.
  Print Thread

Jump to