User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User melita
(learned) Tue 22-Nov-11 21:21:08
Print Post

Bt Infinity Business Slow Mail connection

[link to this post]

Just got BT Infinity today. Internet connection speeds very good, but slow to connect to mail servers. Slower than the old Pipex ADSL mail server connection!

We have PCs and MACs. Setting up PC Mail with Outlook Express was OK but took a little tweaking to get the settings absolutely right. The details provided to set up mail on MAC Mail OS X were completely different and what's more didn't work at all. In the end I resorted to setting up the same as Outlook and this eventually worked.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Tue 22-Nov-11 23:10:13
Print Post

Re: Bt Infinity Business Slow Mail connection

[re: melita] [link to this post]

Are you sure it is not your setuo?

I access 7 different mail servers and if I force a Send/Receive cycle the window is there for around 2 seconds as it checks each in turn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User melita
(learned) Wed 23-Nov-11 09:24:17
Print Post

Re: Bt Infinity Business Slow Mail connection

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Just spoken to BT. As new customers we are on a new BT email server based on their cloud computing provision tie up with Microsoft. So mail server connection speeds are potentially an issue at the moment until things get more settled. Once on the mail server, mail download speeds are quick, it seems to be authentication that takes the time. Our set up is correct, BT hadn't updated their help for the new mail servers.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to