User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gunark
(newbie) Wed 23-Nov-11 16:52:11
Print Post

BT throttling Rapidshare.com

[link to this post]

The last few days I've had Rapidshare at 300KB/s on my (supposed) 40Mbit Infinity line. Speedtest shows 25Mbit(ish) but RS is creeping along no matter what time of day or night. Am a full member and usually get at least 2MB/s.

Anyone else?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Nov-11 17:14:48
Print Post

Re: BT throttling Rapidshare.com

[re: gunark] [link to this post]

File share sites often have a URL that gets onto the IWF list (Virgin Media and Fileserve being a recent example) and this may be slowing you down, i.e. as it is pushed through the CleanFeed system.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User gunark
(newbie) Wed 23-Nov-11 17:41:07
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the response. On closer inspection it appears it's my new homeplugs causing the issue which is very strange, new house and sockets of their own. My previous ones didn't have that problem but these are barely touching 500k a sec. Oh well, not a BT issue anyway it seems.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Nov-11 21:49:25
Print Post

[re: gunark] [link to this post]

It may be the wiring is good in terms of electrical safety, but poor for home plug use, i.e. much longer cable runs than you would expect.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to