User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User RobFlet
(committed) Mon 28-Nov-11 14:48:15
Print Post

BT Fon password - how to change it?

[link to this post]

Hi

I have my username and a long nonsense password. I can check the status of my BT Fon with this and it returns my details correctly.

But, I can't find anywhere to change this password which is impossible to type!

I tried Bt OpenZone, but my username/password for that does not work.

So, is theere somewhere else I can go to change the password to something I can remember so I canb use BT Fon hotspots onthe move?

Thanks

Rob

1999 Freeserve Dial up --> Freeserve Anytime ---> 2005 Wanadoo 512k BB ---> Jul 2009 Orange up 8 Megs(hah!) --> Nov 2009 O2 LLU -> Nov 2011 BT Infinity( getting 37.5 megs now on ethernet)

Yamaha AW16G user
Red5Audio Microphones
Standard User Jaggies
(committed) Mon 28-Nov-11 20:52:40
Print Post

Re: BT Fon password - how to change it?

[re: RobFlet] [link to this post]

Your BTFon username and password is your primary BTinternet email address. You can reset the password via the BT Yahoo web page

~~~~~
Brian
From September 2001 on BTopenworld Home 500/Home 1000/Home 2000. Then ADSLMax on <n>ildram. Moved to ADSL2+ from ADSL24. I'm now with plusnet. I'm not saying who I work for. Any opinions expressed here are my own.
Standard User RobFlet
(committed) Mon 28-Nov-11 21:45:33
Print Post

Re: BT Fon password - how to change it?

[re: Jaggies] [link to this post]

Thanks,

Just found out how to do it ... many thanks.

Just about to post a reply to my own question ... duh ...

I did try via "btyahoo" and it was down for some time. Would be useful if there were some instructions somewhere obvious.

Anyway, all done and working ...

Cheers,

Rob

PS. But ... at first I did have a problem because when I went to the BT YAHOO homepage I found it was logged in with my ORIGINAL Yahoo name from years and years ago ... so I needed to sign out and then in again with the my <name>@btinternet.com ... so a cautionary tale ...

1999 Freeserve Dial up --> Freeserve Anytime ---> 2005 Wanadoo 512k BB ---> Jul 2009 Orange up 8 Megs(hah!) --> Nov 2009 O2 LLU -> Nov 2011 BT Infinity( getting 37.5 megs now on ethernet)

Yamaha AW16G user
Red5Audio Microphones

Edited by RobFlet (Mon 28-Nov-11 21:53:09)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to