User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ImranQ
(learned) Wed 14-Dec-11 13:57:42
Print Post

Is BT Infinity [censored]??

[link to this post]

Currently I'm with Zen Internet but my phone line is with BT.

After getting hounded from the Scottish sales centre for weeks, I placed an order for BT Infinity last week. The service was meant to be installed today between 8am-1pm.
Everything had been arranged = I had given the migration code, email address phone no, mobile no etc..

I took a holiday to stay at home for the installation. By 12:45pm no-one had turned up so I called to find out what was going on. The call was transferred to the Indian call centre and I was told that a cancellation notice had been placed on the order as there was a technical problem on the IPStream or something.
So I am sitting at home waiting and these people have cancelled the order and not even had the decency to inform me even though I had provided all personal details! They also had the audacity to say that they didnt have my mobile otherwise they usually send out texts! Yet another indian later confirmed that they had my email address! Yet they couldnt be bothered to inform me on that...

I was told that the order would be rebooked for another date. At this point I had had enough of their incompetence and told them to cancel the order, collect their equipment and refund the delivery payment I had already paid..

I think I've been treated completely ridiculously in my opinion and I'm not at all impressed with this appalling service by BT. If this is the situation before installation I dread to imagine the situation after getting locked into the service for 18 months....

Currently I pay a lot more for my Zen Internet service but at least its reliable and I can talk to local people here in the UK who I can understand and who PROVIDE A GOD SERVICE. I guess the old adage 'you get what you paid for - you pay peanuts and you get monkeys' is true after all!!

Edited by ImranQ (Wed 14-Dec-11 14:16:43)

Standard User jamesgooner
(experienced) Wed 14-Dec-11 14:18:10
Print Post

Re: Is BT Infinity [censored]??

[re: ImranQ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ImranQ:
Currently I'm on the Office Max product with Zen Internet.

After getting hounded from the Scottish sales centre for weeks, I placed an order for BT Infinity last week. The service was meant to be installed today between 8am-1pm.
Everything had been arranged = I had given the migration code, email address phone no, mobile no etc..

I took a holiday to stay at home for the installation. By 12:45pm no-one had turned up so I called to find out what was going on. The call was transferred to the Indian call centre and I was told that a cancellation notice had been placed on the order as there was a technical problem on the IPStream or something.
So I am sitting at home waiting and these people have cancelled the order and not even had the decency to inform me even though I had provided all personal details!

So I told them to cancel the order, collect their equipment and refund the delivery payment I had already paid..

Complete [censored] take in my opinion and absolutely apalling service. If this is the situation before installation I dread to imagine the situation after getting locked into the service for 18 months.

Sorry to here that ImranQ, im due for install on Monday 19th 8-1pm, hope i dont have the same problem as you.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Wed 14-Dec-11 15:35:12
Print Post

No it is not.

Maybe you were unlucky.

I had a fault develop over the weekend - but not sure if it was my equipment or the BT network. Called Tech Support on Monday AM, they escalated it to second line. Call back Monday PM (I missed it) so called Tech Support again went through further diagnostics and by 19:00 was offered a technician appointment for any day in the week including Tuesday AM but had to go for PM. Tech called me at 11:30 to see if I would be available earlier than scheduled. 2 hours onsite and we finally located the problem. New Hub arrived today - installed and BT will call at around 16:30 to check.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ImranQ
(learned) Wed 14-Dec-11 16:14:19
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

I guess the luck part is in who you get connected to.

Out of interest, did you get put thro to an indian call centre?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 14-Dec-11 17:19:02
Print Post

It's a pretty sorry tale frown.

I assume Zen FTTC is too expensive? Have you considered any of the others I list on this page? There is a link on there to orly/yarwell's spreadsheet summary of them. Some are quite competitive.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User ImranQ
(learned) Wed 14-Dec-11 17:30:56
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Zen is very reliable but expensive. Their Fibre service is same sort of price really. So I was looking for a cheaper service. I have office max (84 incl VAT p/m) at the mo' so am looking for a cheaper service that is unthrottled, unrestricted and possibly faster!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 14-Dec-11 18:26:20
Print Post

I suggest, if you don't want to retry BT themselves, have a look at Plusnet with the £5pm Pro option. Note the price is "from", it varies a little depending on the OfCom Market Classification of your exchange. (See samknows). Only 2Mbps upload at the moment, but very cheap fro what you get.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User MHC
(legend) Wed 14-Dec-11 18:45:58
Print Post

No, I always speak to the Scots!

One advantage of a business service. It is unlimited, unrestricted and unthrottled although if you abuse it you may well get some throtttling - in their FUP..

£30/month + VAT or £35 with a static IP.

Have just come off a call with Tech support in Scotland and it is an 0800 number, not 0845 !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User ImranQ
(learned) Wed 14-Dec-11 20:23:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I suggest, if you don't want to retry BT themselves, have a look at Plusnet with the £5pm Pro option. Note the price is "from", it varies a little depending on the OfCom Market Classification of your exchange. (See samknows). Only 2Mbps upload at the moment, but very cheap fro what you get.

Based on my requirements I saw that the relatively cheaper but unlimited service is offered by Eclipse (59 p/m) and BT (25 pm).
Standard User ImranQ
(learned) Thu 15-Dec-11 19:05:06
Print Post

[re: jamesgooner] [link to this post]

Today my telephone AND Internet (still with Zen) died in the afternoon. Phoned BT and got put thro to the call centre in India. 20 min later the telephone came back but the Internet was still dead. They claimed there was a 'fault' on the line and would be fixed by 20 Dec. Must be a conspiracy smile !
Thank God for Iphones!!

Edited by ImranQ (Thu 15-Dec-11 19:07:18)

Print Thread

Jump to