User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User jamesgooner
(experienced) Mon 19-Dec-11 15:03:44
Print Post

Bt Infinity Wireless

[link to this post]

Just had it installed & cant connect to my laptop via wireless its sees the wireless point but when i try to connect i cant nothing happens, getinging 2 messages on my laptop now local area connection is disabled wireless network connection 2 is disabled. not sure how to fix this as it was working ok yesterday.
Standard User Daniel_g
(learned) Mon 19-Dec-11 16:27:08
Print Post

Re: Bt Infinity Wireless

[re: jamesgooner] [link to this post]

Go to start button (bottom left I guess) then control panel, and Hardware and sound.
(is on windows 7), Xp will be similar. Need to find Device manager. open that and find Network adapters and there will be the name or manufacture of the wirless card and network card. Broadcom ethernet and intel WIFI on mine, depends on who makes it.

Right click one at a time and click enablle if they got a small downwards arrow in the little logo thing at the start of its name. sounds windows has disabled.
Might be more to it than enabling. A reinstall of the drivers might be needed if it keeps playing up.

Have you had the wireless going on the HH3 before. password is on the pull out card on the back. Easy and proberly saying what you know!.

do the device manager thing first.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 19-Dec-11 16:46:47
Print Post

[re: Daniel_g] [link to this post]

Also try disabling wireless N mode on the HH3.

If that fixes it, then look for new drivers for the machines wireless card, and try fiddling with the settings.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(experienced) Mon 19-Dec-11 16:53:49
Print Post

[re: Daniel_g] [link to this post]

Thanks for that got fed up trying to get it going so im going to copy all my files to external hd n do a system repair or restore what ever its meant to be, thanks again will let you know how i get on.
Standard User Daniel_g
(learned) Mon 19-Dec-11 16:58:52
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Better than starting again. Holrrible job I used to do until I found out about norton Ghost.
Standard User Daniel_g
(learned) Mon 19-Dec-11 17:00:34
Print Post

A bit extreme!.

windows is dseigned to annoy. Mine does, always not responding and geiing it going from turning on and settling down. About 4 minutes. Horrible 2 year old thing.

Hope it all works but reinstalling the card first would be the easier bet I would have tnought.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 19-Dec-11 17:05:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by jamesgooner:
Thanks for that got fed up trying to get it going so im going to copy all my files to external hd n do a system repair or restore what ever its meant to be, thanks again will let you know how i get on.
I don't think it will be anything to do with your system, just the logon details for the wireless are not what you are using.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 19-Dec-11 17:08:17
Print Post

A different Home Hub? Will have a different wireless security password, and maybe the encryption type as well.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Mon 19-Dec-11 17:08:38)

(experienced) Mon 19-Dec-11 17:09:37
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Also try disabling wireless N mode on the HH3.

If that fixes it, then look for new drivers for the machines wireless card, and try fiddling with the settings.

Dont have a clue how to get into the HH3 & disable it, im going to do a system restore on my laptop after i save everything if that dosnt work i dont know what to do, my friend done a remote link with my laptop & tried to download the latest driver from Acer but he said something on my laptop was stoping him fromopening the file, so i said leave it ill do a system restore, he was trying for over an hour & hes good with laptops pcs.
(experienced) Mon 19-Dec-11 17:23:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
In reply to a post by jamesgooner:
I don't think it will be anything to do with your system, just the logon details for the wireless are not what you are using.

dont think its the logon details as i tried my phone on wireless while engineer was here with details from the HH & it worked straight away so i think ts my laptop, ill try to connect with my xbox later on wireless after i finish moveing my files from my laptop, if my xbox connects with wireless dosnt that mean it was my laptop.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to