User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User m0bov
(member) Thu 22-Dec-11 11:17:08
Print Post

Moving into flat and looking at BT Infinity

[link to this post]

Hi guys, having been with Zen on ADSL2 for quite a few years I am moving out and into a flat. Its not a new build but has NO BT line at present, only Virgin.

I have looked at the predicted stats for BB and its 3Meg! So, looking at Infinity, it will be a clean install with phone and BB. I am wondering what sort of kit they install? I use a Billion router at home, what sort of kit do they fit? Are people sticking with the supplied equipment?? I think my Billion N router does FTTC but obviously never tried it.

Thanks.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 22-Dec-11 11:29:21
Print Post

Re: Moving into flat and looking at BT Infinity

[re: m0bov] [link to this post]

They install if it really is BT Infinity you mean, rather than generic FTTC

1. Openreach VDSL2 modem
2. HH3 which has an Ethernet and ADSL2+ WAN port

If your billion has an Ethernet WAN port, it can be used instead of the HH3

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User m0bov
(member) Thu 22-Dec-11 11:31:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for info, what is the home hub like? D you get the username and password for it so I can port forwarding etc... Is it worth keeping or should I replace with my usual Billion router?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 22-Dec-11 12:02:32
Print Post

Yes you get admin access to the router, some like it, some don't.

HH3 does have some wireless issues with some hardware, plenty of posts about it, but others get along fine with it.

It comes with the service, so try it out first, and then if it is not doing what you need consider the options.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 22-Dec-11 12:37:11
Print Post

You need to ask for a Linked Order Number, (LORN), for a Simultaneuous install, (SIM). That's if they do those for Infinity. A LORN is a different style of number in some way, and if submitted to Openreach with the broadband order then with luck it all gets done at the same time.

Otherwise the Infinity order might not start moving until a few days after the phone line is up and running.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
  Print Thread

Jump to