User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Spikester84
(regular) Sun 25-Dec-11 23:03:41
Print Post

McAfee BT Net Protect Plus?

[link to this post]

Hi guys,

So currently I pay a yearly fee to McAfee for there 'Security Centre'. I think its around £40 a year. I have done this for the last few years and really like the protection it has given me, but in a few months I will be changing my ISP from TalkTalk LLU to BT 21C WBC and noticed that BT offer the 'Net Protection Plus'

I was wondering if the 'Security Centre' and the BT Net Protect Plus' are both the same thing, or would it be best to keep paying for McAfee?

Thanks for any help smile

Oh and Merry Christmas

Steve
Standard User tommy45
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 26-Dec-11 00:26:44
Print Post

Re: McAfee BT Net Protect Plus?

[re: Spikester84] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spikester84:
Hi guys,

So currently I pay a yearly fee to McAfee for there 'Security Centre'. I think its around £40 a year. I have done this for the last few years and really like the protection it has given me, but in a few months I will be changing my ISP from TalkTalk LLU to BT 21C WBC and noticed that BT offer the 'Net Protection Plus'

I was wondering if the 'Security Centre' and the BT Net Protect Plus' are both the same thing, or would it be best to keep paying for McAfee
?
Thanks for any help smile

Oh and Merry Christmas

Steve
IMO McAfee isn't by far the best security suite that you can have, so why worry about it?
there are a load of others out there some are paid for others are free, such as avast malwarebytes ect or you have kaspersky, eset , comodo, norton ect .ect ,some will have a negative impact on your system's resources more than others will, whilst offering similar levels of protection

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 26-Dec-11 09:40:54
Print Post

Re: McAfee BT Net Protect Plus?

[re: Spikester84] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Spikester84:
Hi guys,

I was wondering if the 'Security Centre' and the BT Net Protect Plus' are both the same thing, or would it be best to keep paying for McAfee?
Hi Steve, hope you had a good day.

See this BT page. It will be the same McAfee.

But I agree with Tommy that McAfee is far from the best Home system, though the corporate one seems popular. See the comparisons on this site.

If you do go for another, make sure you take a free trial if there is one. He is also right about some eat reources on the computer. My path over the last few years has been Norton System Works, (which years ago was good then ended up really killing the machines) >> Norton 360, (really disliked it and it still used too much processor) >> Kaspersky for a couple of years >> Avira for a year or two >> and now back to Norton IONternet Security which I find pretty good.

The processor usage seems to be solved, even on my older Core2 Pentium. On my main Intel i5 laptop it is no problem at all.

Hope that helps.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to