User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lelboy
(regular) Sun 01-Jan-12 12:53:30
Print Post

BT Infinity

[link to this post]

Hmmm, perhaps I've completely misread a few posts on here regarding how good Infinity is.
Some regular posters appear to be saying "awful": that's not been my experience.
No noticeable throttling - if any - and no loss of service other than two six hour periods when maintenance was being undertaken - this during the last nine months.
Even though BT CS is still pretty poor in my experience, the product itself is fine, and I'd happily recommend it to others - on all counts.
Cheers, Les.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 01-Jan-12 13:20:35
Print Post

Re: BT Infinity

[re: lelboy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by lelboy:
Hmmm, perhaps I've completely misread a few posts on here regarding how good Infinity is.
Some regular posters appear to be saying "awful": that's not been my experience.
No noticeable throttling - if any - and no loss of service other than two six hour periods when maintenance was being undertaken - this during the last nine months.
Even though BT CS is still pretty poor in my experience, the product itself is fine, and I'd happily recommend it to others - on all counts.
Cheers, Les.
You will find the ones complaining are not actually using the service. You can see the extremes of that in the TalkTalk forum.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User lg56xbp
(newbie) Sun 01-Jan-12 13:34:01
Print Post

So torrents usually download at maximum speed at any time of the day or night?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lelboy
(regular) Sun 01-Jan-12 13:34:18
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Yes, you're probably right. i notice on quite a few forums that people seem to have very little to do, other than complain about things they have no experience of - just joining whichever bandwagon suits. Ah well, Happy New Year to everyone in TBB land. Cheers, Les.
Standard User lelboy
(regular) Sun 01-Jan-12 13:38:04
Print Post

[re: lg56xbp] [link to this post]

Hi, Not a major torrent user at all, but for my purposes there is little or no problem at all. It seems that maybe others don't suffer either. You'll just have to figure out the pro's & con's and see if Infinity is likely to suit you. It suits me very well, but a couple of bob cheaper would be better!
Cheers, Les.
Standard User sel
(member) Sun 01-Jan-12 13:40:20
Print Post

I agree torrents are badly throttled - even legit ones! But as I don't use them then it isn't a problem to me. But as was said I have not noticed any significant problems with anything else. Speeds do drop a bit at certain peek times, but compared to even the max speeds I used to get there is no comparison.

I dreaded coming to BT (mainly for their CS), but so far the service has been very reliable and I don't have any regrets.
Standard User lg56xbp
(newbie) Sun 01-Jan-12 14:00:42
Print Post

[re: sel] [link to this post]

It's the throttling bit that irks me. I'm not a torrent user - never have been. But if Be and numerous other companies can offer a truly unlimited service then why should anyone accept an inferior (and more expensive) offering from BT.

If the network can't cope with the traffic there are two sensible options:

i.) Upgrade it;
ii.) Stop overselling the existing capacity.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 01-Jan-12 14:09:40
Print Post

In reply to a post by lg56xbp:
It's the throttling bit that irks me. I'm not a torrent user - never have been.
Then torrents being throttled won't adversely affect you. Why do you care?

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User lg56xbp
(newbie) Sun 01-Jan-12 14:13:36
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I care because I don't appreciate my ISP dictating what I should and should not be allowed to do. That's for lawmakers, not private corporations.

Moreover, if they start with torrents it's only a matter of time before other protocols are treated likewise.

Wait until Infinity becomes seriously populated ... I bet you'll see serious shaping then. frown
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 01-Jan-12 14:36:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by lelboy:
Cheers, Les.

i am staying as far away from BT as I can. Had enough of Bt network on their ADSL network.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

On ADSL24 using C&W network.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to