User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Jan-12 13:43:20
Print Post

BT Business Broadband Upload

[link to this post]

So, is it 448k the sam as normal residental BB or is it 828k (or what ever it is) ?

Just got off the phone with BT and they insist that the upload is 448, the same as i got now

So.. [censored]?

BT 8MB
Standard User dspillett
(committed) Fri 13-Jan-12 18:40:47
Print Post

Re: BT Business Broadband Upload

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

Business packages are 832Kbit upstream from most ISPs on "up to 8M" ADSL, so I'd be surprised if the BT ones aren't.

If your exchange has 21CN then you'll be on their "up to 20Mbit" range which claims "up to 1Mbit upstream" - I'm not sure if that is an enforced cap or a deliberately low estimate (LLU providers offering ADSL2+ usual claim "up to 1.4Mbit upstream").

If fast upstream is what you need, an FTTC provider may be a better bet if FTTC is available in your area - ~2mbit upstream in most cases if you buy a basic product, up to 10M if you are close to your cab and pay for a slightly more expensive one.

--------------------------------------------------------
Current ISP: Andrews & Arnold (AAISP, aa.net.uk) via FTTC at ~36Mbit down & ~10Mbit up, joined July 2011.
Previous setup: Be Pro with UploadPlus (ADSL2+, AnnexM), 12ish Mbit down, 1.6 up, happy customer for ~2.5 years.
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 13-Jan-12 19:43:42
Print Post

[re: dspillett] [link to this post]

Thats what i need to find out, of BT dose so the faster 832k upload.

I only have ADSL Max here no 2/2+ or FTTC/FTTP

BT 8MB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(legend) Sat 14-Jan-12 00:10:51
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

I was, I believe called Max Premium and it was over and above the standard service. You need to get a BT sales agaent that really know the product set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to