User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Jan-12 13:37:22
Print Post

Amazing BT Engineers

[link to this post]

Having great fun with my parents broadband at the moment (posting here because it is BT phone that we called out rather than the PlusNet broadband).

Had noise on the line so called out BT for the phone. The setup in the house is that have a NTE5 faceplate filter connected at the main socket, router plugged in there and then the Internet is shared around the house using powerline networking.

The guy went out and looked at it and said that it was all wrong because with the NTE5 faceplate filter it wouldn't be possible to get Internet upstairs and that he couldn't understand how it was working. So, he went ahead and removed the faceplate filter (which was mine) and replaced it with a normal faceplate. He then went on to inform them they would have to buy new filters to be able to connect everything back up again. He's left them with no broadband and nicked the filter that was perfectly good.

I have put in a complaint to BT about this because the guy has taken a perfect setup and left them with something that is not working. Now I have to go around there tonight to fix their Internet connection.

To top it all he has blamed the noise on this and therefore they are going to be charged £130 for the callout.

Not expecting anyone here to "fix" this but wanted to vent as this is ridiculous and BT phone engineers shouldn't touch broadband or take my NTE filter when there is nothing wrong with it.

Incompetence at its height.

PS. If I get no joy with complaints then I will be writing to the CEO (can anyone remind me what his email address is off the top of their heads?).
Standard User TheHorseman
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Jan-12 13:43:12
Print Post

Re: Amazing BT Engineers

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

ian.livingston@bt.com should do it.

BT -> Zen -> F2S -> Bulldog -> Be* -> BT Infinity
Say it with flowers, give her a Triffid smile
Standard User djfunkdup
(committed) Mon 30-Jan-12 13:45:57
Print Post

http://www.ceoemail.com/

VirginMedia100 TiVo1TB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 30-Jan-12 14:03:38
Print Post

That has to get an A* for incompetence.

He has also removed your property, as you say. Was it a BT faceplate or a third-party one?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Mon 30-Jan-12 14:11:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

To be fair it was a BT faceplate but it was the one provided on my phone line about 10 years ago when I had an engineer install of broadband. I just can't believe he took it off incorrectly and then took it away with him.

I was inceredulous to say the least - and am not sure what he has left it with as their router no longer connects to the Internet, will find out tonight what exactly the state is now but clearly it is not working.

And thanks to others for the email addresses. I suspect they will come in handy in the coming weeks as I am not convinced that I will get much info from the complaint I have raised. Just wish phone engineers would leave well alone if they aren't broadband trained (and if he was trained then their training needs a good review).
Standard User orly
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 30-Jan-12 21:46:30
Print Post

This really has nothing to do with BT Broadband

---
> Comparison chart of FTTC ISPs
> Got FTTC? Complete the survey

BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
Speedtest Tracking
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 30-Jan-12 22:09:36
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

OK, point me at the BT Openreach forum!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 31-Jan-12 14:30:15
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

I know but plusnet would have been the wrong place to post it as well. So, I plumped for a forum.
Standard User epyon
(committed) Tue 31-Jan-12 14:39:18
Print Post

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/submitFeedback....

BE*Unlimited 18452/1408Kbps @ 3db INP1
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Tue 31-Jan-12 14:58:49
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

Thanks.

As a quick update I have received a response to the complaint and they were apologetic but the fix they suggested was to send a broadband engineer even though I have sorted the mess left already. But, at least they have taken it seriously - really my goal is that they stop telephone engineers messing with home networks when they aren't trained for it.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to