User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User w00kiee
(newbie) Tue 07-Feb-12 13:20:00
Print Post

Problems ordering BT Infinity - Because i'm in a "Trial"???

[link to this post]

Hello all - the email notification finally arrived yesterday & according to BT the infinity service is now enabled in my exchange. I've been to review this status on the Infinity checker and availability is confirmed.

I started a new order last night, only after entering my details to be advised of the following message:

Dear customer,

You have agreed to be part of the BT Broadband Next Generation Speed Broadband trial. We are in the middle of testing our new faster broadband service and making changes from the very valuable feedback you have been giving us. As advised in the trial Terms and Conditions we are unable to support certain other BT services, such as BT Vision and BT Broadband Anywhere. Once the trial period has ended you will be able to progress orders for these services as normal.

Thank you for your continued support with the BT Broadband Next Generation Speed Broadband trial.

For any queries related to this trial we remind you to call our trial support desk on 0800 3282050 who will be able to help you.

You can do nothing but go back to the order screen from this message. frown
Calling the number listed is no help - its no longer in service / available.
Google for the "Trial" details above I've discovered a page from BT suggesting its a scheme from 2007/2008? Regardless, I've never opted into such scheme so don't understand what this is...

I've currently a BT line into the property, and the ISP is BT, so not really any third party involved confusing the matter here.

In speaking with BT today, the sales assistant also received a similar message in trying to order infintiy service against my property, and the only advice they could offer is they could see some "activity" on the exchange on the 15th - so suggested calling me back on the 17th to place the order... I'm not convinced,

So over to you, anybody else have experience of this / had to get a similar problem resolved before placing an order?

I've found one other thread with the same message on in the forum here but its from 2011 and doesnt really have a conclusion...

Thanks for reading if you got this far & I appreciate any help!
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 07-Feb-12 14:21:04
Print Post

Re: Problems ordering BT Infinity - Because i'm in a "Trial"

[re: w00kiee] [link to this post]

Lodge a Complaint here: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/5642,5643 . They usually investigate & reply.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
ISP Representative BT_Care
(isp) Thu 09-Feb-12 14:18:57
Print Post

Re:Problems ordering BT Infinity - Because i"m in a "Trial"?

Hi w00kiee

I have just seen you post and would like to look into this for you to see why you are not bale to place an order for BT infinity. If you send me your details via http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950 i will gladly look into this for you.

Regards David
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User w00kiee
(newbie) Thu 09-Feb-12 16:20:45
Print Post

[re: BT_Care] [link to this post]

David,
Thanks for taking time to reply - I've posted a request similar to this in the BT Community Forum and ended up getting advice to send a request for help via the following link:
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951 which I did on Tuesday evening...

Save sending duplicated requests, are you able to see that message? URL is almost identical to the one in your post, assume its landed in a different inbox?

Link to the BT Community forum thread i started here

Cheers.
Standard User tonym
(member) Fri 10-Feb-12 11:22:42
Print Post

Hi w00kiee.

4951 is the correct form from the BT forum site, 4950 was for other forum boards , they all go to the same mods who should be able to sort it out for you.

You should get confirmation of receipt pf your message and they will then contact you direct when they have some info for you.

tonym
Standard User dn128
(newbie) Wed 11-Apr-12 11:29:10
Print Post

Re: Problems ordering BT Infinity - Because i'm in a "Trial"

In reply to a post by w00kiee:
Dear customer,

You have agreed to be part of the BT Broadband Next Generation Speed Broadband trial. We are in the middle ......

I'm getting the same error. Have lodged a complaint as even the number on the page didn't work.

Is yours up and running?
  Print Thread

Jump to