User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User meldrew
(experienced) Thu 23-Feb-12 18:23:30
Print Post

HH2, WiFi and Android Phones

[link to this post]

I have been using a HH2 for a while with Plusnet and as a basic router it is fine. The wifi however with a HTC Wildfire has always been a bit iffy and the power consumption of the wifi was quite a high percentage of the phone's total.

Checked on the web and apparently there are a few problems with HH, wifi, and Android. Did a few of the checks and a full reset and nothing particuar changed.

Dug out an old Thomson router and the situation is transformed. Rock solid wifi and much lower phone battery consumption.

Just thought I would mention this in case anyone else is having the same problem.

Regds
Meldrew
Standard User MrGrumpy
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 24-Feb-12 18:31:30
Print Post

Re: HH2, WiFi and Android Phones

[re: meldrew] [link to this post]

search for some of my posts from away back the HH2 is just a pile of ... using a Blackberry, locks up the wifi requiring a reboot. Ditched it altogether and bought something else.

Regards

MrG

Remember: Amateurs...built the ark.
Professionals...built the Titanic

All spelling and grammatical errors are left in on purpose
Standard User meldrew
(experienced) Mon 27-Feb-12 14:17:20
Print Post

Re: HH2, WiFi and Android Phones

[re: MrGrumpy] [link to this post]

Thanks for that. My HH is now at the back of a cupboard in case of emergency. It had given a slightly stronger wifi signal in the house when I compared the two routers with inSSider which is why I persisted with it. Not much use if it does not connect though!

Meldrew

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to