User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GeoffB
(experienced) Sat 03-Mar-12 06:05:13
Print Post

No FON or Openzone connectivity

[link to this post]

I have the HH3 and have joined up to FON. I get a full signal to FON and Openzone but can't connect to either from any of our 3 lappies. We get the 'limited connectivity' icon and there's no landing page, even when the full Openzone address is entered (the one ending in 8443). Can connect to my home network no problem, so there's clearly something wrong with the FON side. I designate it as a public network, as advised, when prompted when it connects. I'd like to use FON on my travels soon (but haven't tested it anywhere else yet). Lots on other forums about how flakey it is but just checking here to see if there's anything new I could try. The FON website tells me I'm a member, by the way, as do my hub's settings pages.

Dell Studio 15 with Win7 64bit and 4GB RAM
IE9 and Live Mail
BT Infinity
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 04-Mar-12 16:14:49
Print Post

Re: No FON or Openzone connectivity

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

In the network connectoid, you need the DNS and maybe IP address both set to automatic. Then after you connect, open a browser window and navigate somewhere. If I do this, it then brings up the Fon landing page.

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User kitcat
(regular) Sun 04-Mar-12 17:35:13
Print Post

Re: No FON or Openzone connectivity

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

Geoff

Have you only just joined?

It can take a couple of hours to get all the registrations through onto the servers the first time you register. Takes no time at all after that if you disable then re-enable.

When it is working you can load an app for your smart phone that will let you browse without getting mobile charges when in range of a hotspot.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to