User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User astanden
(regular) Sun 11-Mar-12 19:33:59
Print Post

power lead length?

[link to this post]

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me roughly how long the mains power leads are for the Infinity Modem and the HomeHub? I want to know if my BT Master socket and mains power sockets are close enough together smile

Many Thanks,

Adam

MacBook Pro 15" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 250 HDD
iPhone 4 16GB

O2 Home Broadband Standard
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 11-Mar-12 23:03:58
Print Post

Re: power lead length?

[re: astanden] [link to this post]

The modem power lead looks to be about 2 metres. I'm not disconnecting mine to get it accurate.

(Strictly speaking, it isn't an Infinity modem, it is an Openreach VDSL2 modem which is supplied on all FTTC connections by any ISP. Infinity is just the BT Retail product using FTTC. See this page for a list of several other ISPs, and the spreadsheet link on there for summary details).

It can be run off an extension lead anyway - mine is.

The Home Hub, (which is an Infinity only product), power cable I have no idea about, but again 2 Metres seems to be the norm. It too can be run off a mains extension lead, and the ethernet connection between the modem and Home Hub can be up to 100 metres. Though I wouldn't like to rely on that! The supplied ethernet cable I expect is 1-2 metres.

The installing engineer can site the modem up to 30 metres from the master socket anyway, using the Data Extension Cable that most ISPs specify when ordering on your behalf. Friendly engineers will even resite your master socket.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User astanden
(regular) Mon 12-Mar-12 14:32:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks Roberto smile

Regards,

Adam

iPhone 4 16GB

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Daniel_g
(member) Mon 12-Mar-12 15:08:34
Print Post

12v power supplies leads are 3m spot on. Knew the poundland 7m tapemeasure would be useful one day.

phone looking lead from the filtered face plate the guy fits to the modem is 1.5m

So almost 4.5m stretch from phone socket to 2 mains points if needed with the 2 items (modem and hub) between them

Up into the roof in a minutes to get the long ethernet leads supplied and did not use to link up modem and HH3 with one. To long as things in the same cupboard.
these are long too. Guess 3m each.

All good length on everything.
Standard User astanden
(regular) Mon 12-Mar-12 15:12:43
Print Post

[re: Daniel_g] [link to this post]

Thanks. Those lengths are fine for my hallway smile

Regards,

Adam

iPhone 4 16GB

Standard User Daniel_g
(member) Mon 12-Mar-12 15:13:34
Print Post

3m red and yellow ethernet leads for between modem and router and other for router to computer if wiring something straight into the router.

Not used these but it all is 3m apart from the phone line looking lead at 1.5m

Hope the unplugging does not screw the speed up. only off once and all put back!.
  Print Thread

Jump to