User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ConorMK
(knowledge is power) Fri 13-Apr-12 12:25:33
Print Post

PlusNet FTTC vs BT Infinity 2

[link to this post]

I have noticed that BT Infinity 2 has unlimited bandwith for £26 a month compared with the 120GB with Plusnet. Apart from this and the fact that P2P is traffic managed is there any other major difference?

If there was no major difference I would be tempted to move to BT Infinity 2.

Conor

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation
BQM
Standard User lexden16
(regular) Fri 13-Apr-12 12:44:19
Print Post

Re: PlusNet FTTC vs BT Infinity 2

[re: ConorMK] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ConorMK:
I have noticed that BT Infinity 2 has unlimited bandwith for £26 a month compared with the 120GB with Plusnet. Apart from this and the fact that P2P is traffic managed is there any other major difference?

If there was no major difference I would be tempted to move to BT Infinity 2.

I found myself facing the same dilemma a couple of weeks ago. I produced a list of essential and desirable criteria and, on paper, BT came out the clear winner. I phoned sales twice for advice and got conflicting answers but placed an order anyway. I then got a 3 e-mails asking me to this and that and I failed at the first hurdle. After 90 minutes of frustration on the phone to various departments at BT I was told (a) the account had been re-set and everything should be fine to (b) you shouldn't have to action any e-mails from us yet until your Account has been set up. At that point, my wish for a quiet life set in. One e-mail to my current ISP (not PlusNet) and FTTC was enabled 9 days later. I know that for many the transfer to BT is painless. I sense it was the transfer of my phone from TalkTalk (non-LLU) that confused them. Most certainly, at the end of it they had me confused.

I should add the engineer that did my install was not sure of what do with 3rd party (i.e.: non BT) installs. He took fright when he saw my router and took advice from Head Office. He came back, tested the line, showed me the results and pointed to my order page which he said did not include set up. I took the easy option and plugged my VDSL-capable Fritz!Box into the socket and it is working fine.

Best of luck with your decision.
  Print Thread

Jump to