User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Cottee55
(newbie) Tue 17-Apr-12 21:26:50
Print Post

Help please with what to do next

[link to this post]

I live 800 meters from the cab so 11 months ago I could only order bt option 3 with fibre as I was told I could only get 8 meg down, to cut along story short once 17a came in I was getting 38meg down and 2 meg up.
I checked the the checker a few weeks ago and it said I could get infinity so ordered it as the extra upload would be great my modem shows I can get 7 meg up.

Anyway I got the activation date and was told i was upgraded but the upload stayed at 2meg, I rang loads of times to moan and was told I need to wait then another person told me to reboot the router, somebody else told me to leave it off for a few hours then turn it back on again and I stil get 2 meg up.

Eventually they said they would send an engineer out he came and said I'm still on the 2 meg up circuit and not the 10 meg and there's nothing he can do, but he did confirm my lines capable of 7 meg up.

I rang back but bt have now closed the case and said I should be happy with the 2 meg as they have done extensive testing my lines only capable of 1meg up and 15 down. I'm stumped at what to do next I only had a few months left on option 3 with fibre and now I'm locked into a new contract with the same upload.

I feel so frustrated but I can't get through to somebody that can help, any suggestions would be really helpfull.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 17-Apr-12 21:31:16
Print Post

Re: Help please with what to do next

[re: Cottee55] [link to this post]

Register on the BT community forums and contact the mods http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/bd-p/BTInfinity

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User Cottee55
(newbie) Tue 17-Apr-12 21:39:24
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I've done that and got in touch with a really helpfull guy but he can't help anymore either, he basically said the same they are telling him my lines not capable of more than 1 up and 15 down after there extensive testing lol. even though I get 37ish down and 2 meg up. It seems to me that because computer says NO I'm stuffed. It's just so frustrating as my snr on the upload is at 17 so theres loads of room for more.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 17-Apr-12 21:48:12
Print Post

Email the CEO to complain.

After that, migrate.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 17-Apr-12 22:30:45
Print Post

Time to formally complain, here: https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/5642,5676

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 17-Apr-12 22:52:20
Print Post

After that, migrate.
There was a discussion of this not long ago. Not sure if it was the same poster, but probably not.

I got the impression it was Openreach or Wholesale that wouldn't play. If so, migration wouldn't help.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 17-Apr-12 22:52:47)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 17-Apr-12 22:57:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I meant to BT Business Infinity wink

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 17-Apr-12 23:50:00
Print Post

So would they sort it out?

My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 18-Apr-12 00:16:46
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I believe they have UK staff, so would be better placed to sort it out than anyone else.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 18-Apr-12 00:33:13
Print Post

They would also need clout, if what I remember is correct. I'm surprised you haven't found the thread tongue.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to