User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User adrian109
(learned) Wed 25-Apr-12 10:06:54
Print Post

Upgrade to BT Infinity 2

[link to this post]

I have just placed an order for BT Infinity 2 which is down to be installed next Thursday. I went outside this morning in the pouring rain and wind to find that the cover for the BT junction box where the cable from the telegraph pole is joined to the incoming cable to the house has fallen off and rain is going into the connections.

1) When BT comes to install infinity next Thursday will the engineer be able to fix this junction box or will I have to raise a seperate fault?

2) When the engineer installs the new home hub 3 will he transfer the settings from my current home hub 2?
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 25-Apr-12 22:49:07
Print Post

Re: Upgrade to BT Infinity 2

[re: adrian109] [link to this post]

1) When BT comes to install infinity next Thursday will the engineer be able to fix this junction box or will I have to raise a seperate fault?

Your best bet would be to raise a separate fault, ring 151 and report 'damage report over head' giving your address, DP (pole) number and tell them the lid is off.
2) When the engineer installs the new home hub 3 will he transfer the settings from my current home hub 2?

There used to be a 'data transfer' program to transfer Hub 2 to Hub 2 settings. This is not possible with a Hub 2 to Hub3.
If it's just wireless settings, SSID and password, they will be happy to oblige.

Print Thread

Jump to