User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Thatblokeiknow
(newbie) Fri 27-Apr-12 16:54:17
Print Post

Green Boxes installed ???? how long till i can order infinit

[link to this post]

We have recently seen lots of the fibre box's being installed in our town, does anyone know how long after being installed before we can order infinity. According to samknows .com our exchange is infinity enabled but a line check says that i cant get it ? i'm only 500m from the exchange NP264EY if anyone is able to look it up for me.

Many thanks.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User balami
(committed) Fri 27-Apr-12 16:59:56
Print Post

Re: Green Boxes installed ???? how long till i can order inf

[re: Thatblokeiknow] [link to this post]

Mine appeared in August went live for orders the follwing March.

Could be as little as 6 - 8 weeks, depends on many factors not least connections for power.

Mark.
(newbie) Fri 27-Apr-12 17:09:51
Print Post

[re: balami] [link to this post]

cool, thanks.
I've seen plenty of guys on the ground working on the cabs, so hopefully it wont be too long ;o)

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BuckleZ
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 27-Apr-12 18:25:18
Print Post

Exchange Code
SWCIT
Exchange Name
CALDICOT
Area Postcode
NP264EY
Cabinet Number
Direct Exchange Connection
No
Percentage of Lines from Cabinet Serving Postcode
100%
Uplift
Deployment Phase
7b
Status
Part of scheduled deployment
Fibre Type
FTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet)

Have you seen a new fibre cabinet next to PCP2? What does https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html say for your line

(newbie) Sat 28-Apr-12 07:01:57
Print Post

[re: BuckleZ] [link to this post]

Your exchange is ADSL enabled, and our initial test on your line indicates that your line should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides a fixed line speed up to 2Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL Max broadband line speed of 6Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 5Mbps and 8Mbps.

Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 11Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 6.5Mbps and 15Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 11Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 6.5Mbps and 15Mbps.

The actual stable line speed supportable will be determined during the first 10 days of use. This speed may change over time, to ensure line stability is maintained.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to confirm if your line is suitable for the service you wish to purchase.

Thank you for your interest.

Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.
Note: If you already have a Broadband service enabled on this line and you want to switch service providers, you will need to contact both your current provider and your new provider to get your service changed over new and existing service provider to have this service transferred.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User deano72
(newbie) Tue 03-Jul-12 00:24:30
Print Post

Randomly weird...I was wondering this too, just living around the corner from you on np26 4ex. 4 doors up on same street, they have a different postcode 4eu and can get infinity (being off cab 16 by the Haywain pub.
Shame, that ours is not ;-( Have you found out anything yet?
The new fttc cab is next to pcp2 (just up from Co-op on left, up the hill).....yes, I have driven around to find our cab. hahahahaha I must be sad.
Cheers,
Dean
  Print Thread

Jump to