User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User vbed
(newbie) Tue 01-May-12 14:24:37
Print Post

Migrating to Infinity2 - Engineer needed?

[link to this post]

Hi,

I've been with IDNet for over a year on their FTTC service but following the upgrade by BT to 80/20, their unlimited downloads and BTFon wireless option I've decided to jump ship.

My order should have gone live over a week ago frown but seems to be stuck in the system somewhere - hopefully sometime in the next week it should go live.

I've just been told though by BT that an BTO engineer will need to turn up. I already have the BTO white modem and I'm very capable of swapping Cat5 cables between routers. Any ideas why they insist on a visit - or indeed if they do visit on migrations?!

Thanks

Ed

Edited by vbed (Tue 01-May-12 14:25:10)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 01-May-12 14:40:40
Print Post

Re: Migrating to Infinity2 - Engineer needed?

[re: vbed] [link to this post]

The sales staff or whoever is telling you this remain ill-informed.

Almost every FTTC migrator to Infinity gets told this, and no-one posting on these forums has yet had an engineer visit. Basically, none of the "customer-facing" staff in BT Retail are aware that there is any other fibre connection possible other than Virgin. So if you say you are migrating from an Openreach fibre connection, you are clearly wrong.

To the level of only just managing in my case, only out of simple politeness, not to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about.

How about "an engineer visit will still be necessary to check that your equipment is compatible with our service". That was after I had said, a few times, that I already had an Openreach VDSL2 faceplate and modem installed. Plus "Has your faceplate got two sockets Sir?"

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User vbed
(newbie) Tue 01-May-12 14:46:53
Print Post

Re: Migrating to Infinity2 - Engineer needed?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thank you.

All I need to do now then is work out why my order is going so slowly. The first order failed for an "unknown reason" after a week overdue and so BT placed a new order on my behalf.

I've been told there is no guarantee the new order will complete but they are "keeping their eye on it" so fingers crossed. Luckily my IDNET connection (via the BTO modem!) is working fine.

Ed

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to