User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User GeoffB
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-May-12 08:31:37
Print Post

Openworld not BTinternet

[link to this post]

I have always had one of the original @btopenworld addresses. I have been giving out my address as @btinternet to new contacts as the two are interchangeable, I know. But when I log onto the web page as @btinternet I always get an @btopenworld page and mail is sent using the latter. Is there a way of getting my webmail to send as btinternet? I have been mailed recently by two new contacts asking which is correct (ie I gave btinternet when registering with a company and then emailed them from the web, which came out as btopenworld.) So far I haven't found a way of ditching openworld in sent emails - would a new account in Windows Live do it, I wonder. I do like the web interface though.

Dell Studio1558 with Win7 Home Premium 64bit 8GB RAM
IE9 and Live Mail
BT Infinity via HH3
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 18-May-12 10:16:15
Print Post

Re: Openworld not BTinternet

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

Webmail will be more limited, tried using a mail client like Outlook, which gives you more control over things like this.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User sills
(learned) Sat 19-May-12 19:25:57
Print Post

Re: Openworld not BTinternet

[re: GeoffB] [link to this post]

On the webmail, I have both addresses listed and can choose the default.

Go to Options at the top, then mail options. Click on Mail Accounts on the left, then in the middle column it should list the two accounts, I have Mail and Mail Extra Address. If you click on the BTInternet account there should be a box there to tick to make it the default sending account. Then click the yellow save button.

Hope that helps!

Andy

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to