User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MattJessop
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-May-12 12:36:58
Print Post

Help please - Homehub Red "B" light

[link to this post]

When I woke up yesterday morning, my internet (ADSL Max) was down and the HH had the red "B" light. I logged a call and nothing happened so I chased it several times throughout the day (I was meant to be working from home).

The HH "Broadband" page was showing as line connection at 8Mb but the problem seemed to be authentication based as when I clicked on "connect" the HH thought about it but ultimately failed to connect.

The BT website shows my fault as "rectified" at 21:20 last night but the red light is still on this morning, despite several reboots and a full router reset.

I've also tried another router to no avail - again it showed line sync was there but failed to authenticate.

BT are now sending an engineer (but not until TUESDAY !!!) but I really don't think it's a line issue...

Any help will be gratefully received...
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Fri 18-May-12 13:09:31
Print Post

Re: Help please - Homehub Red "B" light

[re: MattJessop] [link to this post]

leave it off for an hour. If still off then try the test logins if the hub allows you to bt_test@startup_domain etc

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User MattJessop
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-May-12 13:50:17
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Will give it a go, thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MattJessop
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 18-May-12 17:51:53
Print Post

OK the user id "bt_test@startup_domain" works perfectly. It's just the "bthomehub@btbroadband.com" one that doesn't.

I've spoken to the again and they are going to get BT Wholesale to "FLEX" the line ?!?

Does anyone know what this means ? Surely this is just an authentication issue on a RAS somewhere ??

Thanks in advance

Matt
Standard User Jaggies
(committed) Fri 18-May-12 18:53:27
Print Post

That's what the "flex" means, they just rebuild your circuit on the RAS.

~~~~~
Brian
From September 2001 on BTopenworld Home 500/Home 1000/Home 2000. Then ADSLMax on <n>ildram. Moved to ADSL2+ from ADSL24. I'm now with plusnet. I'm not saying who I work for. Any opinions expressed here are my own.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Sat 19-May-12 23:29:18
Print Post

BT are now sending an engineer (but not until TUESDAY !!!) but I really don't think it's a line issue...

The engineers can be be sent out for other kinds of visits. LLU SFI, or more likely, as you are with BT BB, a broadband boost task.

You have sync but no PPP. Easiest option, your line has been noused up in the exchange, and you are now on the wrong port.

More likely, 21cn Fujitsu exchange equipment has has gone tits up. Ensure that the engineer who turns up has their JDSU or Exfo configured to test PPP, if not they should be ringing the 'coaches line' and asking how this is done. This way they will have something to bat with.

Standard User MattJessop
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 20-May-12 06:56:25
Print Post

[re: Jaggies] [link to this post]

OK well it was all back up and running by 7pm on Friday, so thanks to all for your help with this.

I just need to cancel the engineer now...

Thanks again

Matt
  Print Thread

Jump to