User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Leenig
(experienced) Sun 27-May-12 14:40:44
Print Post

Will the Netgear R6200 work with BT Infinity?

[link to this post]

Hi

I've been using the BT Home Hub or many months and I looks nice and perm very well. Tat said I reviously had a Netgear which perform far better on the WiFi coverage. Is there any knowledgable guru who is abe to confirm if one of the new Netgear routers R6200/ R6300 would work if connected together open reach vdsl modem

Lee
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 27-May-12 22:27:27
Print Post

Re: Will the Netgear R6200 work with BT Infinity?

[re: Leenig] [link to this post]

Can't answer the question, but if you stll have your good wifi Netgear you could alter its default IP address (currently 192.168.0.1?) to one on the Home Hub subnet, (192.168.1.250?), making sure the same address cannot be allocated to another connection by the HH, then connect them by ethernet and use the Netgear Wifi instead of (or as well as if the ethernet cable is long) the HH wifi. You also need to disable DHCP on the Netgear.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Standard User rblvjenkins
(newbie) Wed 01-Aug-12 14:00:05
Print Post

Re: Will the Netgear R6200 work with BT Infinity?

[re: Leenig] [link to this post]

I have just installed a Netgear R6300 router on my BT Infinity service and it works really well. Just replace the BT router with the R6300 and plug it into the BT modem supplied as part of the Infinity service. One thing to watch our for - when you do this you'll be asked to login with the BT username and password. In my case, it was NOT my usual BT username and password (which is what BT told me it was), but was a username something like "btrouter@btbroadband.com" with NO password. I found this out by taking the info from the BT Infinity router itself - worth doing so before you disconnect it to save some time! Also, worked without re-configuration with the Netgear Poweline AV200 Expander I already had. I'm getting download of over 30Mbs and upload of over 15Mbs through the Expander in the far corners of the house which I'm delighted with. Much quicker than the old BT Infinity router.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to