User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bilbo8
(experienced) Mon 28-May-12 22:09:08
Print Post

Is support for BT Infinity UK based or foreign ?

[link to this post]

I got cold called tonight by BT, the guy said that fibre was now available in my area , presumably by FTTC. I told him id heard good things about the speed which can be obtained , but id never ever ever ever ever sign a contract for internet where the support was foreign based instead of uk based. I told him id been with idnet in the past whose support is uk based , but the quality of the support went rapidly down the pan and ive been with O2 LLU ever since and whose support is uk based and i couldnt fault it. BT guy told me infinity support was based in newcastle and doncaster and not overseas. I said to him id need to see that in black and white and as part of official BT information. He said that he couldnt do that and the phonecall was recorded so he couldnt lie to me..............alarm bells were ringing in my head.

Im asking you guys who have signed up for infinity, if a problem arises , is the BT support now 100% UK based or is it overseas ?

Happy anywhere, as long as it ISNT talk talk.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 28-May-12 22:16:05
Print Post

Re: Is support for BT Infinity UK based or foreign ?

[re: bilbo8] [link to this post]

When I phone support, I speak to India. And very good they are too.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User bilbo8
(experienced) Mon 28-May-12 22:19:11
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
When I phone support, I speak to India. And very good they are too.

If its outside the uk I am not interested. Thanks for the reply mate.

Happy anywhere, as long as it ISNT talk talk.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(legend) Mon 28-May-12 23:41:53
Print Post

Residential is primarily in India, but there are now apparently some in the UK.

Business is totally UK based - mainly in Scotland and is a full 24 hour service.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Moradin
(member) Tue 29-May-12 15:39:04
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

The business line support is uk based i believe..

-----------------------------------------------
December PCP to postcode checker
https://www.google.com/fusiontables/DataSource?snapi...
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User ste211270
(newbie) Tue 29-May-12 15:50:52
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

ya right
Standard User orly
(knowledge is power) Tue 29-May-12 21:38:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by bilbo8:
I got cold called tonight by BT, the guy said that fibre was now available in my area , presumably by FTTC. I told him id heard good things about the speed which can be obtained , but id never ever ever ever ever sign a contract for internet where the support was foreign based instead of uk based. I told him id been with idnet in the past whose support is uk based , but the quality of the support went rapidly down the pan and ive been with O2 LLU ever since and whose support is uk based and i couldnt fault it. BT guy told me infinity support was based in newcastle and doncaster and not overseas. I said to him id need to see that in black and white and as part of official BT information. He said that he couldnt do that and the phonecall was recorded so he couldnt lie to me..............alarm bells were ringing in my head.

Im asking you guys who have signed up for infinity, if a problem arises , is the BT support now 100% UK based or is it overseas ?

Its in Mumbai, Berkshire.

---
> Comparison chart of FTTC ISPs
> Got FTTC? Complete the survey

BT Infinity 8th July 2010
(NIBA)
600m (approx) to cabinet
Speedtest Tracking
Standard User MHC
(legend) Wed 30-May-12 00:40:47
Print Post

[re: orly] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by orly:
In reply to a post by bilbo8:

Its in Mumbai, Berkshire.

NO it is not.

As I have already said, and you have ignored, residential is overseas but business is UK based.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User ukhardy07
(experienced) Wed 30-May-12 02:37:16
Print Post

I've had plenty of ignorant condescending uk support calls
UK call staff seem to not understand the concept of 'the customer is always right.'

I've never had a foreign call where I've felt the call staff actually don't give a monkeys. They do their best.

It's not what country I speak too. Ultimately it's the level of service that I care about.
I had the rudest call to apple with UK call staff the other day.
Standard User StephenTodd
(member) Wed 30-May-12 10:42:58
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

It's not what country I speak too. Ultimately it's the level of service that I care about.
Absolutely. We (BE) get excellent service from Bulgaria. There can be an issue with foreign calls when the English is difficult to understand, I've never had that in my (rare) calls to BE. That said, I have had difficulty with some in the UK (despite having lived near Newcastle and Glasgow in the past).

I think the main complaint with BT Indian service is [1] that they are script driven and don't know too much outside the script, and [2] they are sometimes very difficult to understand.

I'm still pondering whether to move from BE to Infinity, the main downside of moving being concern with what people say about BT service.

Happy BE user for several years
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to