User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User greenglide
(member) Thu 07-Jun-12 14:02:41
Print Post

Ordering Infinity when already have BT voice package

[link to this post]

I am "hoping" to be in a position to order Infinity (or one of the other FTTC products from other suppliers - havent 100% decided yet).

If I order the BT product it will be ordered online so that I can use whichever cashback site is offering the best deal.

However the order process seems to be based on ordering packages, not individual products and I am already two months into a 12 month pay up front deal with "Line Rental Saver" with the "Unlimited Anytime Plan" - both annual contract ending 14/02/2013..

If I place an order for any of the Broadband packages is the ordering system intelligent enough to realise that I already have the required calling plan and possibly extend the contract if required? Obviously I don't want to end up with the call plan packages!

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
Standard User blinky
(committed) Sat 09-Jun-12 19:21:34
Print Post

Re: Ordering Infinity when already have BT voice package

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

Firstly, as an existing customer I don't believe you will get any cashback. When I looked the other week the conditions was that cashback would only be paid to new customers and not existing cuatomers who already have a BT line. You will be elligible for the Sainsbury's gift card though.

We already had the free evening and weekends call package and when I ordered infinity it seemed to be as if I was ordering an entirely new package for the line, replacing the existing package i.e I had to add the existing call package again. This would make sense as there is an 18 month tie in on Infinity.
Standard User challinor
(regular) Sun 10-Jun-12 12:37:31
Print Post

I had BT Friends and Family cellphone, and Evening and Weekend unlimited call plans. These were credited to me when I ordered Infinity.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zadeks
(experienced) Sun 10-Jun-12 13:06:11
Print Post

Which site offers the best BT Infinity cashback deal?
Standard User greenglide
(member) Sun 10-Jun-12 15:30:57
Print Post

[re: Zadeks] [link to this post]

Firstly, as an existing customer I don't believe you will get any cashback. When I looked the other week the conditions was that cashback would only be paid to new customers and not existing cuatomers who already have a BT line.

The exact wording is "BT Infinity is eligible for cashback but you must be a brand new broadband customer.". So an existing BT line DOES get cashback - there are different rates though and I iassume you only get the "for BT Broadband" rate rather than the "for BT Broadband + calls" rate otherwise the differring rates wouldnt be offered.

Quidco are currently offering "EXCLUSIVE RATE EXPIRES IN A DAY" for BT (£50 for BB, £85 for BB and calls).

Topcashback are currently paying up to £35.50

When the Quidco exclusive expires I expect Topcashback to offer it instead - this is what usually happens!

Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload ON THE LINE THAT SKY COULD ONLY PROVIDE 15,255 DOWN AND 800 UP ON!!!,
Moved house, now BE Unlimited 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
FTTC Cab installation commenced 12th April - expect full 80 / 20 - bye bye BE, hello BT Infinity soon!
  Print Thread

Jump to