User comments on ISPs
  >> BT Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Colin_London
(member) Thu 28-Jun-12 22:38:01
Print Post

Cannot order Infinity Online

[link to this post]

This is so frustrating. Wait ages to get FTTC, then when it goes live get my MAC, wait 7 days, and today tried to place the order.

I have a working phone line from O2 and obviously want to keep my number.

Selecting the working phone line option comes back with a 'sorry we're unable to complete your order online - please phone....' Error Code CON-0141

But obviously I want to order online to get the Sainsburys £50 Voucher!

I tried the 'no working phone line' option but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to enter the MAC code, so chickened out at the Checkout stage (and then cleared the order out). Really don't want to risk losing the phone number.

So what do I do? Surely other O2 customers have migrated to BT without issue using online ordering? How did they do it?

I'm guessing BTs system seems to think I have an LLU line when in fact O2 phone lines are just Openreach Wholesale products and still connected to the BT switch.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 28-Jun-12 22:49:09
Print Post

Re: Cannot order Infinity Online

[re: Colin_London] [link to this post]

BT, particularly their online ordering, expect you tho have your line rental with them.

You will just have to forgo the voucher and phone them.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
(member) Thu 28-Jun-12 23:02:58
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Not only would I lose the £50 voucher, but the 'online exclusive' £20/month for 3 months - just because their website can't cope?!

Hmmm - think I'm going to look at alternatives. They obviously don't want my custom!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(member) Sun 08-Jul-12 20:59:43
Print Post

[re: Colin_London] [link to this post]

Spoke to BT about my ordering error code.

The categoric answer is that they cannot manage a parallel orders process ('too many orders are failing' apparently, presumably because something stops the two things happening simultaneously), and in my situation I have to transfer the landline first (two week lead time) and only use the MAC Code for broadband transfer after my phone line is transferred.
  Print Thread

Jump to